Work out during that time of month?

Options
Hey everyone, I was just hoping to get other women's opinions about exercising when it's that time of the month. Personally, I tend to lay low as I typically experience mild to severe cramps along with fatigue. Does anyone continue with the same workout routine? If so, what does your routine consist of? If not, do you stop altogether or alter it to fit your needs for the time being? Thanks!

Replies

• Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I continue as normal, I will either do P90X, Insanity or go for a run, if I run than some strength training afterwards.
  • Chrystyne226
    Options
    I TRY my best to work out during that time but my cramps get real bad like yours. If I can't do it for 3 days then I rest for 3 days. I tend to go overboard and overwork myself so those 3 days is actually beneficial to my body!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I still run as usual
  • soul_sista88
    soul_sista88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, I try to at least workout a little while. I am used to working out for 1.5-3 hours a day, but when that long distance friend comes lol, I barely make it to 45 mins. But when it goes home, I know I will lose more because of the water retention that was gained and me eagered to workout harder for slacking those days.
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to get really bad cramps too - something I've found works so well for me is something called a 'Lady care magnet' that you wear on your underwear and it's supposed to keep blood flowing so you don't feel those horrible knots. Since I've been wearing that I don't get any cramps when I'm exercising and although it's hard to exercise when you're feeling tired/grumpy, I make myself do it because it never fails to make me feel better.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I find walking is the best exercise for me at that time - walking several miles, including some uphill walking. It takes away the pain. The first mile is hard and then it gets better.