Created a spreadsheet to give more freedom on data

Options
Hello,

I've just finished a spreadsheet that imports all your calorie data into a spreadsheet from MFP. The reports section of MFP only gives you the last 90 days, and I particularly would like to see how I did over a whole year.

If you want to pull in a whole years worth of data, simply go to the 'Calorie Tracker' tab, enter the start and end date, type your MFP username (with correct case) in the box below, and hit the refresh button. Make sure your diary is set to public in MFP, otherwise Excel won't be able to access your reports. Note: This will take a LONG time, about 20 minutes or so. The sheet has to open every individual day, import it to the sheet, take the data out, then do the same with the next day etc. But you only need to do it once and you'll have it in there all the time.

I've set the first date as 1/1/2012, but if you want to go back further than that, then just change the yellow cell in A2 to whatever date you like, and the rest of the cells will automatically change. I wouldn't recommend doing more than a year, that takes long enough, and I wouldn't want to crash your computer!

What can you do with the data? Whatever you want! I've created 2 graphs in the 'Graphs' tab, just as examples really, showing calories eaten vs calorie goal, and weight (You need to manually input this, sorry!) but feel free to manipulate the data however you like. If you want to add more, go for it! If you have other ideas that you'd like me to do, say so, and I'll add them.

Couple of points:

- You need a recent (2007/10) version of Excel
- Your MFP diary must be set to public (You can make it private again after you've downloaded the data)
- You only need to enter data into the yellow cells in the 'Calorie Tracker' tab.

Hope all goes well! Let me know of any problems!

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w9h6dqc4w34yyp7/5hz4B6y3yC/Calories.xlsm

Replies