Making a change before 40

Options
Hi, My name is Lisa and I live in a suburb of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. A few weeks ago, my spouse and daughter went to the country to spend a week with my dad. HAving lost my mom earlier this year at the age of 62, we try to see him more. During that week home alone, I spent evening after work watching documentaries. I was led to this as the week prior my spouse and I, heavy heavy diet pepsi drinkers, saw a documentary about aspartame that just turned my off right away and then and there things were going to change. Anyway,,,,back to the week alone, I spent most of my evenings watching food related documentaries...I was floored and flabergasted about what I was becoming knowledgeable about....and crying too because I thought, what if mom could have benefited from what I was learning (she had a stroke and then subsequently died of heart failure).....so right then and there, the processed foods were blacklisted as well as most meat....a vegetarian, was that the path I was about to embark on? It seems...it just might be.

I have been overweight off and on for most of my life from my early teen years on.....at this moment, I have about 100 extra pounds that I would comfortably and utterly feel free to 'drop'!!! After three weeks of healthy eating and living, I feel that I am on the right path. I came to MFP because I felt that I also have to control my caloric intake if I am to succeed, nothing drastic but I heard that even vegetarians get all whacked out sometimes. I dont want to be 'wahcked out' anymore.....

Please feel free to drop me a line...I believe the more support we all have, the more success we will achieve. I am a gay woman so please, hater please refrain.

I am in awe and inspired by myself....for the first time, I feel in control....and I hope the same is happening for all of you.

Cheers and good luck.

Replies

• sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You listened, decided to make a change and you are doing it! We all have good and bad days alike, the difference is some of us keep plowing through the bad days and that makes us stronger. Education is very important in making a whole person habit transformation. I'm a few years under 40 and would like to have a half and full marathon ran by my 40th birthday and I want to be an example for my kids. I don't want to be a fat mom! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • lovinglifeLisa
    Options
    I want to be healthy and active for myself but also my 2-1/2 year old beautiful daughter. My goal is to get back on my snowboard this winter.....it is more real with each passing day :)