DON'T EAT HERE....

Options
I really wanted some lemon pepper wings but before I dived into those delicious chicken wings, I do what I normally do & look up the calorie count. The results:

There are 1034 CALORIES IN THOSE LITTLE CHICKEN WINGS FROM AMERICAN DELI!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway:
Oh that just destroyed my world!!!

BUT WAIT! If you add the fries your total is 1490 calories!! 972 Calories from fat!!
Even if you substitute the fries for a salad the total is still 1404 with 1101 from fat!!!
The chicken & the salad have more fat than the fries!!! Let's not even talk about the drink, I'm already too sad!!! :sad:

Just amazed that I would eat that 1500 calorie meal unconsciously!! & that is just lunch!!! Wow!
Well as they say, when you know better, you do better!!

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    :( But I love American Deli...
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all chicken wings pack a ton of calories. I stopped eating them altogether about 7 years ago after my father had triple bypass heart surgery and we were checking out nutritional information before he ate things....that's when I discovered the truth about chicken wings. BEWARE OF ALL CHICKEN WINGS. I think its the skin that makes them so bad..and the fact that most of them are deep fried.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    so eat the wings, and nothing else with it.

fats are yummy.

i bet there's a lot of sodium too.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I miss chicken wings but I don't miss being 265 lbs.

As an alternative, I now have boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in my favorite hot wing sauce with a little light ranch and a bunch of carrots and celery. It saves money, has fewer calories, and I can still feel really good about washing it down with a light beer (bonus)!!!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sodium is 514!!!
    Sorry to destroy those that like American Deli!! I like them too which is why I was so devastated!! But I am going to find a healthy alternative b/c I love lemon pepper wings!! :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    high calorie count =/= "unhealthy"/"bad"
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

In fact it often = orgasmicly delicious!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I've never been to American Deli, but I've also never given up chicken wings. I know their fried, so have a lot of fat and calories, but it doesn't take many to satisfy me.

I'm assuming the salad has the high calorie/fat content due to the dressing?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    sounds like a cheat meal, and just think how much more delicious it will be when it is earned and planned so it won't hit your waistline. You want something, have it, just put a plan in place. Other thing you can do is figure out how to make it at home, and you can make it healthier and maybe even better by adding things that are to your taste!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I look back and remember the days when I could eat that for one meal. In fact, earlier this year, I remember one day where I had breakfast at Keys Cafe, then lunch at a fish and chips place and then dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and calculating everything I ate, I had to be close to 4000, which is totally not what my body was made for.

So glad I found this site and held myself accountable. =)

However, I do still indulge in each of those places...just not all on the same day. XD
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options

That is the equation to most orgasmicly delicious food! lol We have to retrain our taste buds!!!!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sodium is 514!!!
    Sorry to destroy those that like American Deli!! I like them too which is why I was so devastated!! But I am going to find a healthy alternative b/c I love lemon pepper wings!! :smile:

514mg is not all that much sodium.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I miss chicken wings but I don't miss being 265 lbs.

As an alternative, I now have boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in my favorite hot wing sauce with a little light ranch and a bunch of carrots and celery. It saves money, has fewer calories, and I can still feel really good about washing it down with a light beer (bonus)!!!

Genius!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

That is the equation to most orgasmicly delicious food! lol We have to retrain our taste buds!!!!

Don't really have to...but if that is how you roll...so be it.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What about making your own? You can get boneless/skinless wings and baste them in a lemon pepper marinade - broil them on each side for 4-5 minutes until toasty.

I have a recipe for buffalo wings which is good - but it's not as healthy - the buffalo sauce is butter based. :-/
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thats how I felt when I looked up "Moes" food... :sad:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sodium is 514!!!

514mg is not all that much sodium.

I definitely lick more sodium off your abs each time you workout...
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wings are so evil... they smell delicious so if anyone else near you orders them you instantly want to have them. Plus the combination of battered, fried, covered in skin and coated in butter-based buffalo sauce is a heart attack waiting to happen. And the worst part is that you're not even full after you eat them because there's such little bang for your caloric buck!

About a year ago I came up with a recipe for my boyfriend who loved wings but wanted to eat healthier meals. He also wished wings were bigger and meatier. So I took skinless chicken drumsticks, baked them for about an hour with some garlic salt & old bay, and then coated them with a sauce I made by reducing Frank's red hot and some fat free chicken broth.

The result? Giant juicy buffalo drumsticks. They don't have skin, aren't fried, don't have butter in the sauce, and taste BETTER than buffalo wings. Plus they have more protein and actually fill you up.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I love wings and will eat them forever and ever, amen.

Just not every day.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Cajun Chicken Pasta at O'Charley's is what did it for me....oh i wanted to cry. 1730 (950 from fat) calories....and that's just the pasta...you get sides too.