DON'T EAT HERE....

Options

Replies

• princessveggiecake
    Options
    Sodium is 514!!!
    Sorry to destroy those that like American Deli!! I like them too which is why I was so devastated!! But I am going to find a healthy alternative b/c I love lemon pepper wings!! :smile:

You could always make your own and BAKE them instead of having them fried. You can even create your own flavors to mix things up! Its worth a shot if you love chicken wings...?
  • joannecando
    Options
    Sodium is 514!!!
    Sorry to destroy those that like American Deli!! I like them too which is why I was so devastated!! But I am going to find a healthy alternative b/c I love lemon pepper wings!! :smile:

Why not buy the wing pieces at the store, coat them in lemon pepper seasoning, and bake them. I am sure a lot of hte calories come from the frying/oil.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    high calorie count =/= "unhealthy"/"bad"

In fact it often = orgasmicly delicious!

That is the equation to most orgasmicly delicious food! lol We have to retrain our taste buds!!!!

Don't really have to...but if that is how you roll...so be it.

Exactly... either work it into your totals or up your exercise to account for it. Not difficult.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would have that meal as a reward for reaching one of my goals....that way I can still enjoy it occassionally, but not make it a habit.
    Personally, it would have to be hot wings though....take the coating off the pan kind of hot.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    so eat the wings, and nothing else with it.

fats are yummy.

i bet there's a lot of sodium too.

that's still almost, if not, a day's worth of calories in one meal.

i'd say if someone else gets them just steal one or two from them
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I look back and remember the days when I could eat that for one meal. In fact, earlier this year, I remember one day where I had breakfast at Keys Cafe, then lunch at a fish and chips place and then dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and calculating everything I ate, I had to be close to 4000, which is totally not what my body was made for.

So glad I found this site and held myself accountable. =)

However, I do still indulge in each of those places...just not all on the same day. XD

I know!! Can you believe we ate that much?!! Or I would just eat that meal & nothing else for the day! Now I know why I was sick all the time!! I will indulge was well but instead of 6 wings @ 1034 calories, I'll just eat 2 & a big salad w/ a vinaigrette dressing. Or learn to make baked ones @ home!! :wink:
  • joannecando
    Options
    Just not every day.

Therein lies the key... Not every day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My solution would be eat a lot of celery with the wings, since everyone knows celery is a negative calorie food, thus negating some of the cals from the wings
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you forgot the ice cold water to go with the celery
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i tooooooooooooootally understand... i was trying to buy yogurt the other day and it was 110 calories for one container...thats not alot "per say" but i cud hve two peices of fruit or something else for that amount of calories... yesterday i was looking at some food and all i cud think was why do thngs hve to hve sooo much calories in them. Now just to experiment i looked up the calories for a SMALLLLLL meal at BK, it was a bit over 1000 calories ...!!! 1000 calories NOT worth it, i cnt rememeber being full for a long period of time after getting a LARGE meal at BK let alone a small one. no wonder so many ppl are over weight... ALL THOSE CALORIES IN JUST OOONE MEAL.

=( =( =,(
  • channa007
    Options
    My solution would be eat a lot of celery with the wings, since everyone knows celery is a negative calorie food, thus negating some of the cals from the wings

Wait I thought broccoli was the only negative calorie food? Make sure to wash it down with Shakeology or it'll get stuck in your throat though.
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    I love Chicken Wings, but I make them at home. I had the traditional fried wings the other day, and honestly I'm starting to like these even better.

I got this from Bon Apetit magazine.

Makes 2 Servings of 7 Wings:

11 Oz Chicken Wings, Split (About 7 Whole/14 Split Wings)
    Salt & Pepper
    1.5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
    3 Tbsp Texas Pete Hot Sauce

Preheat oven to 425 F. Spread out wing pieces on rack over baking sheet. Roast for 45 min to 1 hour. Remove wings from oven, season, and then place wings in bowl. Melt butter over low heat. Add hot sauce to butter. Pour in bowl over wings. Mix well. Eat.

Per Serving: 427 Calories, 36g Fat, 28g Protein. *

* Using Publix brand butter and raw chicken wing data.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Exactly... either work it into your totals or up your exercise to account for it. Not difficult.

This wasn't about whether it was difficult or not but realizing how many calories were in foods that you didn't think about before. Obviously I will either find a new solution or work it into my totals! But at 1034 for 6 wings, it isn't likely this will be added to my diary anytime soon if ever!!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Try homemade chicken wings! :)
  • ultracatgirl
    Options
    I feel that way about 5 guys burger and fries- 700 calorie burger so good...thank goodness for it being super pricey!

I think sometimes when we start to diet or do a lifestyle change, we sometimes take it super seriously and forget that we need to some days throw the diet out the window and enjoy food despite what calorie intake it might be. My friends and I have found when we do this, it is actually easier to lose the weight.

Also as you begin to eat healthy and learn to prepare the real versions of the food that you once got at fast food or convience places, you prefer the stuff you make at home to the fast food. My friend does some wicked wings that are so much better then the shop bought stuff. I had dreams about her home made chicken mcnuggets!

The other thing i found from actually tracking my food and knowing how it was made- sometimes it was less calories. ie. My dad will put "potato salad" in my lunch. I know this is miracle whip and boiled potatos...(he used to put peas and pickles in it at one point..i don't know what happened to the peas..) so that is what i plug in to Myfitnesspal because if i did it as potato salad- it would be twice the calories of what i was actually eating!
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options

This wasn't about whether it was difficult or not but realizing how many calories were in foods that you didn't think about before. Obviously I will either find a new solution or work it into my totals! But at 1034 for 6 wings, it isn't likely this will be added to my diary anytime soon if ever!!

So now that you know the totals and breakdown -- if you did taste it, you'd probably be let down, as you'd be rationalizing it in your mind and realize the taste isn't worth the fat/sodium/calories! So yeah for you for looking it up to begin with

At least you didn't have Hooter's wings, they are even worse!! Wing + heavy batter + deep fry + butter bath + hot sauce bath = over load for sure!!

Yep - love the grilled boneless/skinless chicken with sauce/spices/marinades.......
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    hahahahha
  • snapdoodle1
    Options
    its ok now we all know..thanks for sharing.maybe you could make some
  • channa007
    Options

You must have your daily cals set to 1200 sedimentary. I can see why it'd be an issue for you.
  • snapdoodle1
    Options
    good advice.i love the way people try to help each other here..