sketcher shape ups?

Options
Hi! I am big into walking when it is a wee bit warner. Usually 3 to 4 miles a day..... I see these new shoes, but they are sooooo pricey! Does anyone have them?

Replies

• yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have them. Not sure if they will really make my workout better, but I noticed my feet don't hurt as much when I wear them. I bought them because of my heel spurs...I can say I notice when I am not wearing them because my feet start to hurt again, so for me they are certainly worth the $$$$$.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I would definately like to get some feedback on them....any nurses use them at work? With all the walking I do at work, it might be beneficial with toning.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I was just about to post on this same topic! Ha!

I'm curious if there is any research that shows they actually "tone" the but like they say they do.

I figure, if I can't work out 8 hours per day, it would be nice to wear those shoes while I'm around the house or running errands for an extra boost. My bootie is my largest asset, pardon the pun. I could use an extra boost.

But they are pricey! And I tried them on and....well, I'm clumsy. LOL. I could feel that they would definately help with balace for me.:laugh:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm interested in the them, too :)
  • alanismanson
    Options
    I have them! I love them! I stand and walk around all day long on hard cement at work and they are amazing! My feet don't hurt. My feet used to kill me. Its easier to walk. I can feel my butt and legs getting a work out (butt more so than legs) and at the end of the day I don't want to take them off. They are pricey but they are so completely worth it! I lucked out and had some gift cards to Kohl's for Xmas. But i would pay and probably will because I have the black and white sneakers and now I want the black MaryJanes. lol.
    Let me know if you try them!
    ~Megan
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I think the reebok ones look nicer to be honest.

Plus you can design your own on their website.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in them. Yes, they are pricey, but generally, quality footwear is. I know when I get fitted for running shoes I expect to pay between $100-$140 (and yes, it hurts me each time!). I would imagine if you have foot problems or are an avid walker they are great for you!

I would have to try on both those and the Reeboks to see which fits my foot better- though I'm guessing it will be these since Reeboks are weird on me.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Are they safe for walking? I mean walking distances? I guess if I'm clumsy, I might want to start slow, lol.
  • alanismanson
    Options
    They are fine for walking. You just have to get used to them because they have an odd center of balance at first. Have you ever walked in platforms? They are similar to that kind of balance.
  • jojogirl
    Options
    I have the reebok ones, got them for Christmas. I can say that at first it was a little wobbly (feeling, not looking Thank goodness) there are small instability pods on the bottom, like the ones in the gym. That is what is supposed to make the legs work themselves as you walk. They are nice looking too, no one would even know it! I like the sneaker I have, I don't know if I'm getting used to it already but they don't seem so wobbly. If I notice any difference I will let you guys know..looked at the skechers but didn't like the giant look to them. Would like to know if people like one over the other :)
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Got my wife two - Sketcher Shape-up casual sneaker (the slip on one - not lace up - but same rocking motion) and Avia's brand Avi-Motion (with Famous Footwears BOGO 1/2 off and a coupon) for her birthday. She says that she can feel the muscles in the back of her leg and butt working. She doesn't stand for long periods of time (told her they won't work if she is just sitting!) and hasn't taken them to the gym yet - but she plans too.
  • Elfie1
    Elfie1 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello All: I have had my Shape Ups for about six months. At first it was pretty hard wearing them all the time and I ended up taking them off after a couple hours until I could adjust. I now wear them everyday, everywhere, and to the gym. I can tell the back of my legs and calves have gotten toned up and I definately tell the difference. Ya just gotta USE THEM. I am getting another pair soon since mine are starting to look a little ratty and would like to have a "good pair" and "everyday pair".

They are spendy, but worth it to me.