Successful toning/weight loss after C-section?

Options
voitdancer
voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
Obviously a question for the Mom's out there. I had a C-section when I had my son (10 years ago) and now I always have that "pouch", can that area ever be toned up? I have been working out consistently now for 5 weeks, I'm sure that's not enough time, I have noticed my legs/arms toning up but not the stomach/waist. Any thoughts or tips would be SO appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There's a member here but I cant remeeber her exact name, she was like 156 lbs (like me) with the same c section pouch as me, and she now has a completly flat and toned tum and 125lbs. She did it in 7 months and did the Insanity workouts xx
  • thinlizzy525
    Options
    Obviously a question for the Mom's out there. I had a C-section when I had my son (10 years ago) and now I always have that "pouch", can that area ever be toned up? I have been working out consistently now for 5 weeks, I'm sure that's not enough time, I have noticed my legs/arms toning up but not the stomach/waist. Any thoughts or tips would be SO appreciated. Thank you!

I feel the same way. My last C-Section was 11 years ago and the "pouch" needs to GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    There's a member here but I cant remeeber her exact name, she was like 156 lbs (like me) with the same c section pouch as me, and she now has a completly flat and toned tum and 125lbs. She did it in 7 months and did the Insanity workouts xx

Would you be referring to me?! LOL!

I started working out in January. I have had 3 CSections...twins July 2007, singleton July 2008, and singleton September 2011. I was between 155-160 when I started...not so sexy on a 5'1 frame :ohwell:

PROGRESS FROM JANUARY TO MARCH
    *Tony Horton's TMT and 20 minute morning jog
    front.jpg

STARTED INSANITY IN MARCH

PROGRESS FROM MARCH TO JULY
    *I stopped after Month One and gained 10 lbs back
    fjs.jpg

PROGRESS FROM 4 WEEKS OF INSANITY
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

I still have a lot to work on but I'm definitely stoked about my progress! Good luck to you lady ( :

I just started Month Two yesterday of Insanity so hopefully my next progress picture looks even better! Hope this helps!
  • ruthechesney
    ruthechesney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have had two! It is good to know it can be done:)
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I started working out in January. I have had 3 CSections...twins July 2007, singleton July 2008, and singleton September 2011. I was between 155-160 when I started...not so sexy on a 5'1 frame :ohwell:

front.jpg

fjs.jpg

I still have a lot to work on but I'm definitely stoked about my progress! Good luck to you lady ( :

I just started Month Two yesterday of Insanity so hopefully my next progress picture looks even better! Hope this helps!

Haha yes!!! You're my inspiration!!! Ha ha- I want progress pics like yours :-) I knew your user started only but couldnt remeber what was next... you're famous!

Meant to add- "and she looks AMAZING!!!!!!"
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Haha yes!!! You're my inspiration!!! Ha ha- I want progress pics like yours :-) I knew your user started only but couldnt remeber what was next... you're famous!

Meant to add- "and she looks AMAZING!!!!!!"

LMAO!! You made me feel special when I seen that! FAMOUS...no thanks! HELPFUL...hopefully!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of good things about Insanity. I may have to try that one when I finish my C25K program. I had two c-sections. One in 1997 (vertical incision), and one in 1999 (horizontal incision). My "upside-down cross" has faded somewhat, but at this point, I have to scootch my belly around to even see the horizontal one. :laugh:

The doctor told me not to exercise for a while after the surgery(ies), but I guess he didn't mean for me to wait 15 years! :laugh:

Thanks for the pics. It's inspirational to me.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    <== abs post c-section
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Skin is very thin. Like a sheet of notebook paper. Reducing the fat beneath it will cause the skin to tighten up as much as possible.
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Curious how long you waited post C section to start insanity? I had a c 7 weeks ago and I tried plank the other day and couldn't even hold 5 seconds
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    <<<
    Abs post C-section
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My daughter is eight, and I still have the extra around my mid-section. Onmyway4, you look AMAZING! You're going to be my inspiration to work on my abs!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Curious how long you waited post C section to start insanity? I had a c 7 weeks ago and I tried plank the other day and couldn't even hold 5 seconds

I was 7 months PP when I started Insanity. I would NOT recommend you doing it that soon. I still feel like I'm ripping and tearing through my scar!!!
  • absoluttif1
    absoluttif1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dang! You guys look amazing. I thought my c-section pouch was here to stay. Nice to know it can be done!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    I have the same problem. My daughter is eight, and I still have the extra around my mid-section. Onmyway4, you look AMAZING! You're going to be my inspiration to work on my abs!

Thank you...I just need to work on those dang love handles!!
  • jaimelb94
    jaimelb94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Very inspired and encouraged that I can have a flat tummy and possibly a six pack after two C-sections. Thanks Ladies!!!!
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have had 3, and I have a pretty droopy belly. :( And its not even a ton of fat, its just floppy, loose skin that literally folds over on itself (sorry, TMI). Unfortunately, I think its because I was overweight when I got pregnant, and then gained 50ish pounds, topping out at 216 with pregnancy #2. I would love to know if anyone who was heavier during pregnancy lost weight after, and then had success with flattening their tummy over time?
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll stick with my Wii fit for awhile yet then. I know I'm nowhere near fully healed yet. Thanks girls for the motivation!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options

front.jpg

fjs.jpg

Holy crap! You look amazing. I'd never be able to tell that you had a child and/or a c-section!
  • brit024
    brit024 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did not have a C-Section with either of my children, but am interested in this post because I am doing insanity post partum. My baby is 6 weeks old and i'm on day 9 of insanity. I of course was cleared by my Dr. first (she also told me what to look for if I was doing too much). I have felt great since starting insanity and haven't noticed anything that could be worrisome. With my first, I was 5'1 and 205lbs pregnant and 175 lbs at 6 months post partum when I started p90x. I LOVE insanity, but I have to say that just the DVD p90x ab ripperX might be a good option after completing a month or so of insanity to really define your abs. I had a large flap of skin/fat that hung over my jeans and I believe p90x Ab ripper X is what allowed me to flatten it to the point that it looked better than it did before pregnancy! I plan to incorporate p90x Ab-ripperX into my routine after a few weeks of insanity. Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me or add as friend if anyone is in the same boat as me, we can motivate each other!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!