NSV-But a little annoying at the same time

Options
I've officially resorted to using safety pin to hold up my pants....ha :) I'm too cheap to buy all new pants and also have hopes that I move down another size or so in the next couple months and will just wait until then. So....safety pins it is :)

Replies

• JLgettinghealthy
    JLgettinghealthy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this is AMAZING! congrats! :) maybe you could find a pair on clearance somewhere? i'd be super afraid of the pin coming apart and poking me. :)
  • heartsherps
    heartsherps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try goodwill for those in-between sizes. =D
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    good for you! Buy some yoga pants - they will be fine for the in between sizes.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

Sew some elastic in the back of your pants. They'll tighten up and won't let go at embarrassing times. My husband recently went through airport security and had to take off his belt - and had to hold his pants up so they wouldn't fall down!

I've also taken out waistbands, added a pleat, and put it back on.

Goodwill has cheap pants.
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • cmorris0283
    cmorris0283 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I need to dig in my closet and find my belly band from when I was preggers last time. That may help hold them up a bit. I AM afraid of them coming undone and poking me! I keep poking myself just putting the pins in. ha! I wish I knew how to sew and I would just take them in myself but for now I'll def try goodwill or some yoga pants. Great ideas!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Belts are awesome. Me and my ballerina thighs cannot find pants that are small enough at the waist to stay up without a belt.

Also these: http://hollywoodfashionsecrets.com/shop/hip-huggers/

They take your pants in without the bulk of a belt.
  • Couponqueenren
    Couponqueenren Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can find a local seamstress that will fix them for you for a few dollars. That works for pants that you really love the style. But if you don't love them then use a belt until you go down in size :) I actually used a carabiner (like the key chain clips) through two belt loops to the side of my pants at one time. I holds tight and no risk of getting pinned :) Good Luck! :wink:
  • AshleymWagner
    AshleymWagner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who hooks a zip tie through two belt loops and then pulls it as tight as he needs
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!