Is Protein Shake are good for weigh loss?

Options
I am just wondering to substitute my lunch with Protein Shake or Protein Bar...but just wanted to know if that really gone help me to loss weight fast? Any suggestion will be appreciated....Thanks guys…U all are the Reason I am on my way to weigh loss journey….You all are great support….

Replies

• Empress62
    Empress62 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake for dinner, but it's only because I hate to cook. I took all the calories I could have had for dinner and put them into breakfast and snacks. It's more of a time saver and laziness helper than a deliberate thing for weight loss. I chose protein shakes over any other shake because my trainer told me I was not getting enough protein and it is an easy way to get a big boost to that micro nutrient. On days I'm going out to dinner with friends I just switch to shake for lunch and skip snacks that day. It's working for me.
  • patelkinnari
    patelkinnari Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response...:smile:
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi protein shakes are very filling but on their own not really good enough to provide enough nutrition when compared to normal food. They work very well in conjunction with weight training as the whey protein is digested very quickly which helps to rebuild muscle tissue. If you want to cut down on fat fast I would recommend weight training, heavy weights with low repetitions, (same for men and women) and drink a protein shake after :) Far better and more effective than just a diet on its own. Plus its been proven that heavy weight training is twice as effective as burning calories as cardio :) Hope this helps :)
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are great for a quick filler, but I wouldn't recommend them as a meal unless it is your only option... I take that back, if a shake or fast food are your two options, the shake is probably the better choice...

But yeah, I used to drink them all the time, I only do on occasion now just because I try to eat real food if possible instead. :smile:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake as one of my 5 meals a day but not the "family sit down" meals like breakfast, lunch, or dinner. :) I have 2 kids and I like those meals to be something we sit down together for.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in substituting meals with anything- unless convenience/time/circumstance dictates it. Substituting meals for shakes is a weight loss trap- its not a long term solution. Your effort would be much better spent figuring out how to eat satisfying meals within your calorie limitations. Protein shakes are great- they easily fill the gaps if you are having trouble getting enough protein from food. I could never make my protein/calorie goals without them, but I use them as a supplement to my regular diet, not as a replacement for meals. The only exception would be if you're making smoothies with fruit, veggies, milk, yogurt, flax, etc and protein, in which case you're really getting a delicious and balanced meal replacement. But just the protein by itself is not a sufficient meal, IMHO.
  • patelkinnari
    patelkinnari Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your reply...your advise will help me effectively to loss weight at the right way...Thanks again..:happy: