Tell me what I'm doin wrong?please!

Options
OK,so I've been eatting beter and walking since middle of May,and am down 5lbs. and apox 9 inches. But the scale won't budge lower than 192 or 191,I WALK 1/2 MILES 3 DAYS /WK,AND DO 25MINS OF ZUMBA OR 35-50 MINS OF DANCE CENTRAL ALMOST EVERYDAY!..,also I'M EATTING ABOUT 1200 - 1400 CALS /DAY granted have only been on MFP one week,am I just TRIPPIN???!!! OR SHOULD i be seeing better results ,am frustrated!!!
~AMEE

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. If you are morbidly obese you probably could lose faster. However, if not a high weight to start you are doing fine. You mentioned your weight but how tall are you? There's a big difference between a 190 pounder who is 5 feet tall and one who is 5'10". I know it is hard but a loss is a loss and maybe you are building some muscle to replace the fat. You've had an NSV with the loss of 9 inches. That's nothing to sniff at. Keep going.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you are probably building muscle too so while you would still be losing fat, the scale can't tell you that. Body measurements can though.

I'm not telling you what to eat, but you could try a different way of eating and observe the effects. For instance, increasing your protein and fat and lowering simple carbs. Just an idea.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3,..and yur right patience has never been a strong point of mine....I will keep going,am not bout to give up now!!,my orig weight was 222 4 yrs ago,went through alot but have maintained for awhile at 197for 2yrs untill middle of May3months ago....when I decided once and for all to change my life,I "FEEL" firmer,toned,close getting loose..etc...but the stupid scale wont budge.Thanx though,I wont give up for just a little bump in the road.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    Options
    thanx,i'll try it!!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    Options
    what does NSV stand for?
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    what does NSV stand for?

Non-Scale Victory - and you definitely have one of those with the 9 inch loss. Keep up the great work.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    Options
    OH!! THANX I WOULDA NEVER GUESSED IT! HAHA
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    For one week of doing that I would be absolutely thrilled with losing 5 pounds/9 inches! Have you thought about increasing your workouts? Walking a full mile rather than a half mile wont take much effort but might make al the difference with how much you lose. Important thing is to have a good attitude, sometimes I will go a couple weeks without losing much more than a pound but because I know I am on the track to losing it and there no doubt in my ind I will one day be 125 it doesn't bother me and I don't get derailed. Have a positive attitude!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I would recommend just putting the scale away for a while. If you're tracking your food carefully, exercising regularly and are generally feeling good, it's not necessary to get on the scale. Just keep at it and then maybe get on the scale in a week or two. It's hard because we want to see evidence of results right away, but the important thing is how you look and feel, not what the scale says.
  • bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! With the amount of exercise you are doing and depending on what you want to lose, maybe you aren't eating enough? I am by no means an expert. I started only a month ago. MFP originally gave me 1300 cals, I eat from 1500 to 1800 depending on if I am hungry or not and I am losing consistently. Everyone is different though. I am 207 and want to get to 170, I am 5'9"
  • TropicalFlowerz
    Options
    THANX, WILL TRY!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    Options
    IT'S TAKEN SINCE THE MIDDLE OF May to loose the 5lbs,but just in the last week- week and half to loose 9inches,..(since i started dancing).so now that I think bout it,...it IS paying off,..I just gotta stop trippen bout the scale so much,and i miss spelled earlier i do walk 1 1/2 miles 3/days week,pluss the dancing,...but starting today i'l try 2 switch stuff up w/ food & activities...and put the scale away..thanx guys!
  • jgarf4me
    jgarf4me Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    your body is probably adjusting to your workouts or your inefficient in your workouts(ie heart rate too high or to low) so you need to change them. I dance for excercise and now that i bought a sports watch to monitor it, i no longer get a benefit (cardio) from dance
    My body got used to dance.
    so i switched to less dance and more other aerobics and lost more weight.

secondly body fat composition is 100 times more important than weight. Aerobics will tend to lose muscle also. You can join any gym or ask someone to measure your body fat for you and monitor it with your weight. I weigh the same weight as a year ago but my body fat went form 23% to 14.5% reducing fat on my body and increasing muscle with more monitored workouts
    Good luck
    Jeff
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I also find that WATER makes a huge difference. I have to drink 8-10 glasses a day, and if I only drink 6, I feel like I am retaining. Plus, make sure you are getting enough FIBER.