Successful toning/weight loss after C-section?

Options

Replies

• sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as impressive as the photos above, but after 2 c-sections. . .1 12 years ago and 1 6 years ago, I have been able to get to a level of fitness where I was able to wear a bikini (like my husband's eyes popped, bikini) to the beach this summer and my 14,12 year olds weren't mortified! LOL It's hard, but you can definitely improve your abs! Keep at it.

And, I think I Have a girl-crush on OnMyWAy!!! WOW!!!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you ladies! I wasn't sure it was ever going to go away! :)
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    I have had 3, and I have a pretty droopy belly. :( And its not even a ton of fat, its just floppy, loose skin that literally folds over on itself (sorry, TMI). Unfortunately, I think its because I was overweight when I got pregnant, and then gained 50ish pounds, topping out at 216 with pregnancy #2. I would love to know if anyone who was heavier during pregnancy lost weight after, and then had success with flattening their tummy over time?

I'm 5'1 and I was a whopping 205 lbs with my second pregnancy.
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hello! I would like you to tell me you did to regain the stomach in shape after the caesarean, I would greatly appreciate I have time exercising and more toned, I have always discounted that part is a little loose.

I would really appreciate your help and advice, I have children and 38 years, I want to be like it was before for me and myself
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    I'm not quite as impressive as the photos above, but after 2 c-sections. . .1 12 years ago and 1 6 years ago, I have been able to get to a level of fitness where I was able to wear a bikini (like my husband's eyes popped, bikini) to the beach this summer and my 14,12 year olds weren't mortified! LOL It's hard, but you can definitely improve your abs! Keep at it.

And, I think I Have a girl-crush on OnMyWAy!!! WOW!!!

:blushing:
  • Jess7170
    Jess7170 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was musing the same thing about my own c-section aftermath...although now my 'babies' are nearly 7 1/2 and 6... I've finally made it to pre-pregnancy weight just a week or so ago. It's empowering to read about you ladies who are showing the rest of us that it CAN be done. Thanks for sharing!
  • crissyrox
    Options
    WOW love the pics! Nice to see that it can be done! My son is almost 9 and I'm still struggling. Thank you for the motivation!
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    There's a member here but I cant remeeber her exact name, she was like 156 lbs (like me) with the same c section pouch as me, and she now has a completly flat and toned tum and 125lbs. She did it in 7 months and did the Insanity workouts xx

Would you be referring to me?! LOL!

I started working out in January. I have had 3 CSections...twins July 2007, singleton July 2008, and singleton September 2011. I was between 155-160 when I started...not so sexy on a 5'1 frame :ohwell:

PROGRESS FROM JANUARY TO MARCH
    *Tony Horton's TMT and 20 minute morning jog
    front.jpg

STARTED INSANITY IN MARCH

PROGRESS FROM MARCH TO JULY
    *I stopped after Month One and gained 10 lbs back
    fjs.jpg

PROGRESS FROM 4 WEEKS OF INSANITY
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

I still have a lot to work on but I'm definitely stoked about my progress! Good luck to you lady ( :

I just started Month Two yesterday of Insanity so hopefully my next progress picture looks even better! Hope this helps!

WOW!! You look amazing!!! I have had two c-sections and numerous other stomach surgeries that required the same cut! This inspires me! And I have Insanity at home....time to wipe off the dust!!!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing!!! I have had two c-sections and numerous other stomach surgeries that required the same cut! This inspires me! And I have Insanity at home....time to wipe off the dust!!!

DO IT!!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    OK .... after I'm done with P90X, I'm doing insanity lol

side note: I had a c-section with my daughter and I didn't go over the 200lbs mark but I almost; delivered at 198. Before I delivered I was between 135-140 at 5'5"
    Goal weight is 130lbs

Thank you all who have posted!
  • annacire
    Options
    you are my inspiration!!!! i had a c section 6 yrs ago and a few years ago i was accepting the fact that i had a mom pooch ....after months of watching the informercial on insanity and researching it online...i finally bought it! im on day 3 today....i feel super sore.... so sore that i couldnt even fall asleep last night because my whole body hurt.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    you are my inspiration!!!! i had a c section 6 yrs ago and a few years ago i was accepting the fact that i had a mom pooch ....after months of watching the informercial on insanity and researching it online...i finally bought it! im on day 3 today....i feel super sore.... so sore that i couldnt even fall asleep last night because my whole body hurt.

I was just saying how sore I was today. I swear the pain is worth it. Push through it chick! Pop you a couple of Tylenol's or Advil's with a hot bath and call it a night (:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

I was just saying how sore I was today. I swear the pain is worth it. Push through it chick! Pop you a couple of Tylenol's or Advil's with a hot bath and call it a night (:

Find something that is specifically back & body too

I take something sparingly but if you can't sleep....it's probably necessary haha
    Keep at it!
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow, encouraging!!!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This actually gives me hope. I have no desire to wear a bikini ever, but it sure would be nice to wear cute underwear at least without the "melting snowman" look of my midsection (2 c-sections, including twins who stretched me out beyond what I thought possible).

You guys look AWESOME. I am hoping to work up to more intense workouts once I get some weight off and work up my stamina.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have had 3, and I have a pretty droopy belly. :( And its not even a ton of fat, its just floppy, loose skin that literally folds over on itself (sorry, TMI). Unfortunately, I think its because I was overweight when I got pregnant, and then gained 50ish pounds, topping out at 216 with pregnancy #2. I would love to know if anyone who was heavier during pregnancy lost weight after, and then had success with flattening their tummy over time?

I'm 5'1 and I was a whopping 205 lbs with my second pregnancy.

You have just given a c section veteran hope!! lol had my 3rd c section 16 months ago, and just starting out really but you really have given me hope that I can have my stomach back!
  • hkussatz
    hkussatz Posts: 41
    Options
    i gained 60 obs with my first child.. topped out at 255 prego! Within a year after I dropped 100 lbs through walking long distances and doing insanity. Not gonna lie.... i never saw such great results as I did doing insanity! I had a defined stomach! Now I'm pregnant again and can't wait to see the results again post baby! Be consistent you will see fantastic results! Its worth it!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Are you sure its because of the c-section or do you happen to just carry fat in that are? I had my c-section ohhh about 6 years ago and I still have a belly pooch but its really just fat. I don' t do any kinda of ab exercises really and it goes down when I lower my bodyfat. When my bodyfat is up it comes back.
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I posed this question on the "pouch". So encouraging and interesting to read everything from all of you!!!! You give me such HOPE and I thank you. Good luck to all of us in our goals!!!!!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Best advertisement for Insanity EVER!!!! :love: Wow!

I'm down to 123 lbs. 14 months after my 2nd c-section and my abs look nothing like that. I'm so glad to know there's hope, I was seriously thinking tummy tuck was the only way to go. I had really bad diastasis recti so it protrudes quite a bit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!