A major NSV for me!

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
I am currently on Week 8 of the C25K program. I felt so great running today that once I reached my 20 minute goal, I decided I wanted to keep going. Thus far the most I have run is 17 minutes, completing about a mile and half in that time frame.

Today I ran for 32 minutes! And ended up running 2.4 miles! Yeah it was a slow 2.4 miles, but I ran over 2 miles! For the first time ever in my life! 8 weeks ago I struggled with running 2 minutes. I cannot believe in such a short amount of time, for me anyway, that my body has become strong enough to do this. I am so freaking stoked!!!

Replies

• DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options
    :smile: This is awesome! I started running a couple weeks ago and hope to be able to run this far/long soon! Congrats! Keep pushing!:drinker:
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    c25k is an awesome program, gotta love it. :)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    great way to go. I love runners, I think its so graceful. (I cant at this time, due to really bad knees. Great for you. :bigsmile:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!:bigsmile:
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks :). I am pretty pleased with myself, what can I say? :tongue:
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    Very cool. I think we are all in for an amazing realization of the the things we CAN DO. yay team MFP!!!! keept it up!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    excellent!!! that is awesome!!!
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Once you get hooked on running, it sure does feel awesome!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Week 8 of the C25K program. I felt so great running today that once I reached my 20 minute goal, I decided I wanted to keep going. Thus far the most I have run is 17 minutes, completing about a mile and half in that time frame.

Today I ran for 32 minutes! And ended up running 2.4 miles! Yeah it was a slow 2.4 miles, but I ran over 2 miles! For the first time ever in my life! 8 weeks ago I struggled with running 2 minutes. I cannot believe in such a short amount of time, for me anyway, that my body has become strong enough to do this. I am so freaking stoked!!!

That's so awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!! You can do this :-)
  • snoppdog69
    Options
    Wow that's amazing.

I just started the C25k program today and couldn't even run for a minute. You've inspired me to keep at it. Thanks
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You are going to do well.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks :). I am pretty pleased with myself, what can I say? :tongue:

You should be! Hard work and dedication always deserves praise!
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    Bravo! And thanks for posting!!! I just started C25K so- getting a glimpse into your glory is great inspiration!
    Keep it up!!!
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    and it only gets better... Great job! :)
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Keep up the good work!!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You are SO ready!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    thats great, Ive started running just a couple days ago and can hardly run for 2 minutes straight :( hopefully I will be doing better soon :)
  • mercymarque
    Options
    That's wonderful. I just got the app and will try it out for the first time tonight at the gym on the treadmill. I've tried running in the past. I start off real good and something in me just quits and start walking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!