I need motivation friends!

Options
HELP! This is my second try with this website. The first time I used it, I used the app for my phone and did not like it. So now, I'm

doing it from my laptop and its easier to do what I need to do. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am going to be 30 in

November and I am upset with myself that I have not been able to attain a healthy weight and KEEP it that way! I'm a part-time

waitress and part-time student so my schedule tends to be crazy. I have a hard time dedicating "workout" time and planning

meals. I do not like to cook. If anyone out there needs a friend, I am here! I need you! :smile:

Replies

• mom_meg
    mom_meg Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Susie,

I'm here if you need a friend. I too need someone to keep me on track. I'll be 30 in June and have been struggling with staying focus. My down to 116 but with a small frame and protruding stomach, I am often asked if I'm expecting (my youngest is about to turn 2). So, I have two boys, work fulltime and considering going back to school. I give 15 minutes a day for workouts right now and I'm hoping to move up. Maybe we can keep each other going
  • Lauren0413
    Options
    Hey Susie and Mom_Meg! I'm new to this site after having previous success with weight watchers but gained it all back and am starting over again. I am 29 year old student with 2 daughters. I would love to have some friends who are the same age and just as busy as I am so we can support each other!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • mmichelus
    Options
    Hi Susie! (and everyone else!) I'm Maegan - I'll be 32 in October and have been really struggling with my weight over the past few years. I've always had to be careful what I ate but it seems like as I get older it is getting much harder to lose! I seem to be doing the yo-yo thing where I will do good for a month, lose a couple pounds, and then fall off and gain it back again! Need motivation as well!
  • kzcortes
    kzcortes Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily logger and lost 5 lb in the past 8 days using MFP...already pretty addicted to the site's community haha. If you need a friend to support or motivate you feel free to add me
  • duffellshuffle
    duffellshuffle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    FIRST TIMER!! On this website anyway. I have tried a number of things over the years and nothing works. I am trying some good ol fashion exercsie and reasonable diet. I would like to drop about 10 lbs pretty quickly as my brother is getting married in a month and I am in the wedding.....
    Out side of that I am looking for some 'friends' to keep me accountable. I am an isulin dependant diabetic and am trying to find something I enjoy doing. I tend to push myself when I workout so running seems like a good option. I have worked up to 2.5 miles but not met my 5k goal just yet........

Any help and encouragement would be GREAT.
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome back:) Nice to see you are ready to do this & become healthier! I'm always looking for new friends so add me if you lIke. I love the mutual support & motivation this site gives you, I couldn't do this on my own. Good luck sticking with it this time, you can do this!
  • frankiedb
    frankiedb Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Feel free to add me.
  • stacked3x
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. I always find myself using my hectic, crazily buys schedule to justify "not going" to the gym... and then I get bummed because its like "why bother". Whatever, not a sob story, just relating. Maybe I'll try adding some random friends on here too. I am definitely someone that needs motivation. I need someone to be like, "hey, get your butt to the gym... the weight wont fall off on its own."
  • tiffrich2012
    Options
    I am in a similar boat... turning 40 in November and want to get another 31 pounds off. Would love to have some encouragement too. Good luck to you - you look great already!