Becoming Sober

Options
Hey everyone!

I am a recovering alcoholic, sober now for 75 days.

Anyone else out there? Would love some friends to join this journey with me?

Replies

• meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    congrats on your sobriety! Keep up the fantastic work. My ex boyfriend is an alcoholic. I pray one day he finds the same strength you have.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Sober since 12/13/08. Feel free to add me! Mike
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Recovered alcoholic, celebrated 12 yrs sober in June! I'll send a request :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Clean/sober since 2/12/04 :)
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up. That little nugget you're holding needs you around.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    11 Days.

I started a board, you are welcome to join. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7328-staying-sober
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I applaud your recovery. Congratulations! Looks like you've got the world in your hands.

I participate in many half marathons and I'm a back-of-the-packer. I talk with lots of people in the back (those up front are too busy running to talk) and many share their stories. I've met many like you who are in recovery and celebrating their success with a half marathon.

Best of luck!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not an alcoholic, or anything like that. But I just wanted to say Congratulations on becoming sober to everyone on this thread! You all are amazing!
  • lisahale
    lisahale Posts: 56
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Keep up the good, hard work!!! :))
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself! I've been sober since Jan 1st of this year :) I'm in recovery with my dad, who has been clean/sober since 12/13/11. Lets support each other! :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    We're already friends :D

Almost 8 months here.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    Four years clean and sober! You can add me as well.
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    11 Days.

I started a board, you are welcome to join. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7328-staying-sober

Congrats! Keep it up! I found the first 30 days were the hardest. We're never out of the woods but each day sober is step toward healing.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been sober since 3/13/89! It's a wonderful life. I wish you much success!
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    Congratulations! My husband is a recovering alcoholic. He has had a few slips over the past 27 years but has been sober now for over a year. One day at a time. My best to you!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! Be SO proud of yourself!
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see all those on here who have committed to being clean and sober! That's fantastic!

I grew up with an alcoholic dad and, like many stories, he had to hit bottom a few years ago before he got sober.
    My boyfriend has been sober for a year and a half, and we both know that if he ever starts again it will be the end of our relationship.

Congrats to all of you who have mad this committment! Keep up the good work!
  • mmurray1021
    mmurray1021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My sobriety date is 02/02/89. Will definitely join your message board! Now trying to get healthy with diet and exercise! Good luck to you - one day at a time!
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you who have found your way one day at a time. You're very strong and should be proud!
  • carina_75
    Options
    Congratulations on your sobriety!! One day at a time-simple but true!! (I began with ten minutes at a time!)

I've been sober since 1/1/2012.

Good luck, feel free to add me:smile: