165 carbs a day

Options
I think thats to many carbs a day? is that correct ? someone please help me out. Thanx

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think thats to many carbs a day? is that correct ? someone please help me out. Thanx
    165 carbs is 660 calories a day. That could be 55% of 1200 which sounds like the amount in the Standard American Diet.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The better question is how many grams of fat and protein are you getting? If you are hitting your minimums there, then carb intake doesn't really matter as long as you aren't going over in total calories.

I routinely double that number, fwiw.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Depends what your activity level and goals are. On lift days, my carbs are much higher. Say 55% of calories. On rest days, I only get about 1 gram of carbs per pound of body weight which actually is only about 40%.
  • rbussari
    rbussari Posts: 11
    Options
    Okay so i understnad now i hardly ever take in that much intake a day but Thanks!! I appreciat your guys input:)
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    hmmm, funny only men have responded. of course they can eat friggin anything they want and breathe it off!!

around 100-150 grams, i have read, is good for management if you are active :) from woman to woman.
  • rbussari
    rbussari Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman and regularly eat between 200-300 a day. I'm on an 1800 a day plan.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I try to keep mine at 150, but I don't freak out if I have a day over that. The only reason I TRY to restrict is because I have a bad habit of not getting enough protein. Instead, I eat carb heavy and my protein falls below where I want it to be. So, I try to keep my carbs lower in order to force myself to make other choices. Some days it works and some it doesn't lol.