Late Night Snacks???

Options
I know it's wrong, I am re-starting my diet, I mean forcing myself to eat 6 meals a day. I am really trying hard to stick to it, I have the usual Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, Dinner, Evening Snack. This takes me up to 8pm-ish... What about 10pm or later, I know the best thing is not to have anything, BUT I need something to keep me from laying in bed on an empty stomach thinking about food... I am in high hopes once I get used to the 6 meals it will be easier, but right now I keep cheating... HELP...

What food would be best right before bed. And please give great tasting suggestions if possible... IS THERE SUCH A THING.....:devil:

Replies

• HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know about food....I fight off the sweet or salty craving nightly too! Sometimes I drink a bottle of water with one of those zero calorie flavor packs. I know it isn't food and really want I want is chips or ice cream.....but I CAN'T and the water helps full up that kinda hungry craving something tummy.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I read in a runners world once to have sliced deli meat, especially turkey. The triptifan in Turkey allows the muscels to relax and the protein helps them repair while you sleep. It is also easy on the stomache.
  • mscedeno83
    Options
    eat a rice cake and drink water maybe add a little honey over plain rice cake it wont kill you and just drink water your body burns calories while you sleep anyway and this snack is not heavy and its not that bad at all, hell eat a flavored rice cake but only one lol they have different kinds in supermarkets, thats the only thing i can come up with that's tasty to me i know how it feels to want something tasty at that time of night
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    I try to eat a pickle if I'm craving something salty because it is hardly any cal! If sweet I eat a jello. This doesn't always work for me but I don't have much will power.
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    im trying to eat several small meals aswell, im having mashed banana on a slice of wholemeal toast as my evening snack. its nice because its sweet and fills u up a bit - bye bye hunger pangs. how does that sound to everyone im never sure if the things i eat sound strange to others lol like its a scottish thing or something! its yummy neway :smile:
  • calvarado
    Options
    Well, I liked my Dr's advice when I was pregnant... he said a great evening snack was a piece of whole grain bread with a little peanut butter on it... I still do that if I have the calories left- one side of the Orrowheat sandwhich thins is 50 cal, and just a smidge ( I know that's not a scentific measurement!! :smooched: ) of peanut butter, and that'd hold me over 'til breakfast the next a.m. I'm also big on string cheese or apple slices.
  • calvarado
    Options
    Random comment- I love that Kate Moss quote!! I didn't understand the controversy with it!! Nothing DOES taste as good as skinny feels- and by skinny- I am interpreting that as my optimum health size, nothing unhealthy or sickly!!

:laugh:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    yum, string cheese and apple slices are great! I would suggest an apple,they are low cal!! or else some sliced lunch meat and veggies!! Bob on the Biggest Looser said he's never seen anyone get fat on veggies, they are free, so enjoy those!!!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    If I want something sweet, I try to eat something with protein and low carbs that satisfies my sweet tooth like special k with milk or low fat yogurt. Sugar free jell-o and pudding are good low cal/fat choices to satisfy a sweet tooth but don't offer much else.
  • chaz995
    Options
    Wow thanks to All... I really appreciate the reply's. I will try the bread and apple slices tonight cause I have them in the house. But the rest just as great. Thanks Thank Thanks....
  • Jdevine214
    Jdevine214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try some ff cottage cheese, its a slow burning protein that will make you full. Then have a piece of fruit like a clementine for the sweetness.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    sliced turkey all the way. just don't too many slices! i know i can..
  • mh3939
    mh3939 Posts: 12
    Options
    94% fat free Reddenbacher popcorn that comes in the 100 calorie packs. It's protein, so it will fill you up.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I agree with the people who said turkey. Not smoked, not honey, just plain. Turkey is scientifically proven to have properties that aid sleep, and it's very high in filling protein that your body can use. Hope this helps :flowerforyou: