Taco Popcorn

Options

Replies

• nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    I do a similar thing with my popcorn. I am gluten free, so I use nutritional yeast. It comes in a can and has the consistency of potato flakes. It is cheesy and nutty. My friend claims it reminds her of peanut butter flavor. I buy it at Sprouts or Whole Foods. Costs about 10.99 for a large can that goes a long way. One Tablespoon is about 30 calories and is major high in minerals and vitamins.

Spread the prepared popcorn out on the cookie sheet and spray with Pam (butter flavor). Sprinkle a Tablespoon of nutritional yeast over and kind of toss it around. If you want a more cheesy flavor, repeat with the spray and more nutritional yeast.

Bake for just a few minutes to let the flavor sink in. It is soooo good hot from the oven.

Enjoy.:flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    sounds good but I'd want to eat all 7 servings of popcorn. I usually eat 5-6 cups at a time anyway.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered that you can pop popcorn in a brown paper sack in the microwave if you don't have an air popper. No oils, works great! Will definitely try this recipe.
  • dabratt92
    Options
    bump!!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Wow, I need to try this. I made Cajun Popcorn before, I think I added the stuff on here a while back. But this sounds good!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered that you can pop popcorn in a brown paper sack in the microwave if you don't have an air popper. No oils, works great! Will definitely try this recipe.

How would one do that? Curious. lol
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump, and i think its just so you can find this topic easily again. it will now be on your profile that you have commented on this topic.

It also stands for
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Post.
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump....thanks for the idea!!
  • Gauntlettes
    Options
    Awesome thanks!
  • bm_stclair
    bm_stclair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Groovy! Must try.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this was about something else...sigh
  • ashleybaby1007
    Options
    bump:)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yes I will be nice and bump your taco
  • amicibledigit
    Options
    You can buy powdered worcestershire. I have bought at my local grocery and you can buy online.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great! thanks!
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We love popcorn at our house. Thanks for sharing!
  • tjoyjohn
    tjoyjohn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ...i'm in! I recently saw something on pinterest that told you how to pop the popcorn in the microwave in a brown bag...gotta find those instructions now!
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump