HELP! CANT LOSE WEIGHT. But I can gain it!! SO FRUSTRATED!

Options
DAILY FOOD-
I opened my food diary.... only refer to todays entry (I have been using an tracker on my phone, so the other days are not accurate) Today is what a normal day of eating for me looks like. (which I see I am over on protein... that one is hard for me!... and fruits are my weakness!)

DAILY EXERCISE-
I know I am not crazy active, but for me I think this is pretty good....
On a daily basis, I run or sprint/walk for 20-25 mins per day. (30 sec sprints, 45 sec walk, or a solid jog/run) both equal 2 miles a day. I follow up with 100 jumping jacks, 40-50 push ups, and some different core exercises. totals at LEAST 30-35mins per day.

I lost weight right off the bat (17lbs) because my hubby has bad food allergies (blah blah blah, I know) it really restricted our diet....I really liked the weight I was, but now I have gained 10 back! I am working hard and not getting any results! I am about to run my head into a wall, what is the problem here =(

Is my food intake ok? I would still LOVE it if someone could help me come up with an effective meal plan.... Apparently I am doing it all wrong!

Replies

• julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice other than to say the protein is meant to be a minimum (like fiber or calcium.)
  • azbarrelracer1323
    azbarrelracer1323 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice other than to say the protein is meant to be a minimum (like fiber or calcium.)
    So going over isnt bad?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'll be blunt and honest...

You have 1 complete day logged in your Diary. There needs to be more information to help you. Going over on protein is not necessarily bad. There is research supporting both sides, but in general, unless you are eat 5000g protein a day, you should be fine. (yes that is sarcastic)

Here is what I suggest:
    1. Make sure that you know your BMR
    2. Exercise with an HRM to have an accurate calorie burn count
    3. RECORD EVERYTHING YOU STICK IN YOU MOUTH for nutrition.
    4. Track your Sodium
    5. DRINK LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER
    6. Do a combination of Cardio AND weights. Muscle burns fat...but if you dont build it, the body will consume it - true fact.

Realize.Visualize.Choose.Act.SUCCEED.
    If you are unhealthy, it is because YOU CHOSE and ACTED to be unhealthy. Choices are abundant in every moment of life. THe impacts of your actions, both consciously and sub-consciously, are what define your present being. You CREATE the present. Accept that the reason you are who you are is by your choices and actions, REALIZE. See where you want to Improve, VISUALIZE. Make the CHOICE to Change. Take ACTION upon the choices that lead you to SUCCESS.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I guarantee if you follow Eat to Live by Dr Fuhrman, you will lose weight. I was losing weight slowly before I started his plan, and in the last month I've lost 22 lbs, I eat as much as I want (of the right foods of course), am only hungry at meal time, and I never count calories any more because I don't have to worry about it. It might sound far-fetched, but it's worth looking into to see if it's right for you.

(link removed by moderator)