Keep it up while PMS?

Options
How do you guys keep it up while on PMS? I'm craving sweets like crazy. I don't know what to do. Any ideas

Replies

• Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light helped me quite a bit this last week. They have tons of flavors that are rich and sweet, for only 90 calories.
    Some of the ones I like -

Raspberry Cheesecake
    Black Forest Cake
    White Chocolate Strawberry
    These all add an extra bit of sweetness I think, they're super delicious!

Also, Skinny-Cow has Candy bars that are only 100-120 calories.

They have Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and then they have a cluster(can't remember name and they're 120. I think this isn't too bad, if you need something sweet.

Also, fruit, like berries satisfies my sweet craving.

Special K also makes some really good sweet stuff -

They have bars that are 90 calories, flavors are - chocolatey pretzel,strawberry,blueberry.
    They have Crisps, you get 2 thin crisps for 100 Calories - they have chocolately delight, brown sugar cinnamon, strawberry,blueberry.

These are some of the things I rely on when I need something sweet.
    Some people might say I should avoid them, but sometimes you just REALLY need something sweet and these aren't that bad on calories.

So hope this helps :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Eat something sweet. One or two days of increased sugar won't hurt in the long run and you'll feel better for it.

I always crave red meat. Usually in the form of a giant cheeseburger.
  • carini_wini
    carini_wini Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I cheat and give myself a treat, I mean.. this is my life. I don't want to constantly worry about diets, I do want to focus on eating healthy but what's the point if I'm making myself unhappy. Just keep in mind, everything should be in moderation. Small portions, balance it out the other times of the month with healthier options, maybe work it off with exercise (plus it'll help with cramps if you get them).

Also, do you have a health foods store with a bakery? I know the one over here has a few yummy substitutions (like they have vegan options which are a fairly guilt free thing). They use things like carob instead of chocolate and what-have-you.
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream is my weakness! Have you tried the smaller portioned ice cream options? There are now many choices which are pre-portioned to be about 100 calories and give you that chocolate or sweet you are craving.
  • Patycolo5
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions they really help!
  • jenb155
    jenb155 Posts: 7
    Options
    Have a little bit of dark chocolate (1 oz) of DARK chocolate to help beat the sweet craving.