Beginner runners with 50 pounds or more to lose.

Options

Replies

• LaurenNEW1015
    Options
    hi there. I am new to Fitness Pal myself. I have started to run myself and have already completed a 5mile and 5k. iI would love to have more buddies to discuss running and weight loss with.

Thanks.:smile:
  • MsDivineM
    Options
    I would like to lose 100 pounds but going to shot for 70, I have started jogging on and off, but nothing set just yet. I plan on doing my 1st 5K in Oct.
  • llm1607
    llm1607 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm almost finished wk 4 of c25k, feel free to add me :-D
  • jkirtland
    Options
    Hi There! I did this a while ago and am now running almost 5k every lunch time. My next step is to move up to 10k. Good Luck!
  • LaurenNEW1015
    Options
    That's awesome its hard when you have never ran before. When I first started I was barely able to run for 30 seconds straight. As your build your endurance you will buold your confidence. Keep up the great work!
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    54 lbs here. I just started recently without a program. It's been bumpy though. I stupidly ran without my arch supports the first time since my shoes were stiff arched. That cost me 3 weeks to heal after hurting both MCL's.

My first goal is a 2 parter. Back in the Marines we had a 3 mile run as part of our physical fitness test. I was a heavy smoker back then, so it was rare for me to go the whole 3 miles without walking a little. I passed just fine on the timed aspect. So my goal is to get 3 miles without stoping first, and the second part is to increase my speed to be able "pass" the test. I'm a civilian now so it doesn't matter, just a goal.

I got the first part. Yesterday I was able to go the 3 miles without walking. I wouldn't call it running...or even jogging really. I refer to it as "Speed waddling". But hay...I didn't walk!

Would love to join you. Feel free to add me.
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'll run with you! I need some motivation too :-) I'm prepping for a 10km or half marathon next summer and want to run it in good shaoe and good time! Add me :-)
  • punkrockr88
    Options
    Running without a program 2 days a week- got out of shape and wish I could get my 7 minute mile back!! Lol
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I have acquired a good group of friends now. I am very supportive of my friends and so I want to keep my group small, so that I have time to be attentive and helpful to the people on my list. All the best and thank you for your support and interest.
  • heatherxjane
    Options
    I have way over 50 punds to lose! What do you have to do and what does BUMP mean?
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Just added you. I'm just getting back into running again after foot surgeries (not running related) and having a baby. Used C25K before and ended up doing 3 half marathons. Using it again to get started running. I'm on W2 right now.

ETA - I'm aiming for about 40 more lbs right now but when I reach that goal will probably want to go a little lower.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k in June, still have a minimum of 50 lbs to lose. Still going strong, feel free to add me.
  • buudharich
    Options
    I have 60+ still to lose in order to get myself into the US Navy. Lost about 40 already since the end on January. I walked about 86 miles last month and walking 2-4mi a day just isn't cutting it any more. I'm starting at a 10min/mile pace today and trying to go a mile without slowing down.

Friend me up here and I am also on RunKeeper.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting this up after I build up some more strength in my knees.
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Heya, I have a litlle over 44ounds (20kgs in NZ) to lose still and am on Week 4 of C25k. Was 2nd day yesterday and ouchy hehe. Doing it by treadmill. Friend me if you like and we can become runners hehe
  • tdiamond88
    tdiamond88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm starting the C25K program and plan on running a 5K right when the program will "end" in time for my old colleges homecoming road race in October. Have more than 50 pounds to lose. Would love some motivation for the journey!
  • TheAshpie
    TheAshpie Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've completed the C25k program! I've got to say you feel really, really accomplished once you do. I run my first 5K (The Color Run in Portland, OR) in September! I've got about 60 pounds to lose! Feel free to add ;) I'm currently doing IF and weight lifting, while training/maintaining for the 5k.
  • kuhnau13
    kuhnau13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have ran a 10K being 50lbs over weight and it was a great feeling. But then I got sick and have to start all over again. I cant even run 1/4 of a mile now. So I am back to the beginning and would love to have the support and support others
  • kuhnau13
    kuhnau13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've completed the C25k program! I've got to say you feel really, really accomplished once you do. I run my first 5K (The Color Run in Portland, OR) in September! I've got about 60 pounds to lose! Feel free to add ;) I'm currently doing IF and weight lifting, while training/maintaining for the 5k.
    [/quote

I am running that run too! here in portland also! I can t wait to do this!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I started on the treadmill over a year ago and that is how I lost most of my weight(along with diet of course). Never dreamed I would be able to run. In Jan I started to run using an interval approach similiar to C25K and now I am running 5-7 miles on a daily basis.