Salads.......how I love thee!

Options
2»

Replies

• KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i love salads!!. i add sunflower seeds and dried cranberries or strawberries!.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I eat them a lot too. One of my favorites is spinach with avocado, tomato, canned salmon, mozzarella and Newman's Own lite honey mustard dressing. Another is just like a taco salad without the shell...romaine, avocado, ground turkey or a cut up Morningstar spicy black bean burger, black beans, salsa and either reduced fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.

Oh, I love that taco salad idea. Are the Morningstart burgers good? haven't tried them.......did discover recently that I like turkey burgers (never thought I'd say that!!!)

You guys are giving me awesome ideas...........LOVE it!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • rpoupard99
    rpoupard99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cilantro in my salads too!! For me it just MAKES it...takes a plain-tasting salad and gives it such a good taste!
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I love salads and felt the same until an hour ago... I have polished off 18 cups of romaine lettuce today and am rethinking my decisions...lol
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love salad too! I must say i'm addicted to Arugula...so good and i love making my own mustard dijon vinaigrette but most days i just squeeze lemon and sherry vinegar with a bit of olive oil

My favorite ingredients:
    - tomatoes are a must
    - marinated artichokes (in water)
    - beets
    -avocado
    - mango
    - pea shoots ( my new find)
    -green olives
    -red onion
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite salad is the Apple PecanChicken Salad from Wendy's w/o pecans b/c I'm allergic. Didn't feel like spending $7 everyday though, so I got the ingredients to make my own! And it was less calories than theirs! :glasses:
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump to read later..love salads
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today. I absolutely cannot seem to tire of avocado. They make me soooooo happy. I've been eating them with breakfast, OFTEN. Love them.

And I agree with you, I never tire of salads!
  • Love2HikeMT
    Options
    I grow my own organic produce ~ so, fresh from the garden spinach, toasted pine nuts, sheep feta, cherry tomatoes, with balsamic-olive oil dressing and seasonings.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I love salads and felt the same until an hour ago... I have polished off 18 cups of romaine lettuce today and am rethinking my decisions...lol

sounds like an addiction.......is there a group for that?

lol.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    such awesome ideas, love all these.
    Thinking I NEED to try the wishbone buffalo dressing now, wow!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my salad. ...and I do...every single night.

Lettuce Trio
    Tomatoes
    Mushrooms
    Onions
    Egg
    Cucumber
    Shredded Cheese (lite cheddar)
    Croutons

Bacon Tomato dressing
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    My absolute favorite salad is the Apple PecanChicken Salad from Wendy's w/o pecans b/c I'm allergic. Didn't feel like spending $7 everyday though, so I got the ingredients to make my own! And it was less calories than theirs! :glasses:

Have not tried that.........am kind of afraid to, as I might like it too much as well !!!

I used to love the oriental salad at Wendy's - do they still have that?
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another Salad lover here too! One of my favorites is Lamb's Lettuce ,pear, walnuts, radishes, cranberries, and grilled chicken with a sprinkle of peccarino cheese. So nommy!
  • Kangie08
    Kangie08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad is romaine, strawberries, blueberries, slivered almonds, asiago cheese, grilled chicken breast topped with a light raspberry hazelnut vinagrette... Yummy