Beginner runners with 50 pounds or more to lose.

Options

Replies

• racerscottw227
    Options
    I'm just starting week 2 of C25k. It's a bit tough to do this in TN b/c of the 90+F temps and ~70% humidity.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also new to running. I am on week 2 of C25K. GOOD LUCK! :D
  • emjaful
    emjaful Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi, I have always wanted to be able to run! But I am not physically fit at all! I love reading all the success stories on here, and I am going to look into C25k :) sounds great!

I have about 60lbs I want to lose, but am more interested in getting healthier and fitter.

Feel free to add me if you would like. I'd love to see how everyone is doing with this!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm doing the C25K program (took a bit of a break this past week due to searching for a house but am back at it tomorrow evening). I'm just about to start week 3! I love the program and love running!

I have about 50lbs to lose as well!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. More than 50 to lose here and I started an aerobic walking cd. I am now trying a walking/jogging cd. I don't know if I could ever jog on a regular basis but willing to work up to it.

Good Luck on your journey and feel free to add me :)

^^^ Bump is just someone trying to move the post up to the top to keep it close to the top.

Secondly...A year ago, I would have agreed with you when you say you don't think you could ever run...that was me!
    I started my exercise journey walking... 15 mins ... then 30 then 40... increasing my time and speed as needed. I saw someone running ahead of me, looked rather funny...but I decided she was burning more calories that I was...so I looked at my big dog and said...come on! We went 1 mile that day...albeit rather slow, I ran my first mile. The next day, I set out to do a little more than I did the day before. I'd run some, walk some...each day working to make the walking shorter than the running. (too bad I found the C25K after all of this...it would have been a great program to use!) In mid Feb I got into my head that I wanted to run a 5K race with my girls (They're teenagers and run Cross Country for school)..so I signed us up.

Since that time, I've run 4 5K's winning either the master's division (40+) or placing 1st in my age bracket in all by 1 race (last weekend's race) AND I've finished my first 1/2 Marathon and am training for my second.

So....don't be too quick to write yourself off...you never know...you could discover that you really are a runner!

Please feel free to friend me..I'd love to cheer you on as you start to run!
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    PS... what does "bump" mean? LOL

Bump doesn't really have a meaning, back when the internet was new... and still in many socal sites, like MFP... Bump, was used to "Bump" the topic back to the top of the forms... so more people could see it. In MFP, it serves a duel purpose, it also saves the topic in "My Topics" for a month or so(depending on how many posts you make) Or at least that is my knowledge on that word

Way more then 50 pounds to lose, and more of a walker at this point... but would be glad to motivate if wanted
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I had to look up C25K to figure out what it was because I have been seeing in this sight a lot. Now that I know what it is, I'm willing to give it a try.
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add...
    I have 10 weeks until my 1st half marathon (Oct 14th 2012) I’ve been training 4 weeks already. I have a 5K and 10K under my belt and it’s been a huge accomplishment..Seeing as though in January it was hard for me to run for a minute.. LITERALLY!! I’ve already lost 30 plus and have about 60 to go till I’m at my goal.. Hope we can connect.
  • trudi27
    trudi27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    whats this c25k???? i need this in my life!! i cant run atall
  • Alzzak
    Options
    whats this c25k???? i need this in my life!! i cant run atall

Couch to 5k(which equals to 3 miles...roughly).... a program to help people transition from sitting into running, not 10mph fast but still running non the less.

*poof* http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml <--- information on the program
  • trudi27
    trudi27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thankyou ive just downloaded the app for phone a little excited :)
  • momoshep142
    Options
    My name is Morgan I need to lose weight so I can fit into a dress for homecoming that is my dream. If I could get some support along the way that would be great. :)
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    feel free to add x
  • emjaful
    emjaful Posts: 19
    Options
    thankyou ive just downloaded the app for phone a little excited :)

me too :D

I'm going to try it on the treadmill first, feel a bit self-concious trying to run outside my house for all to see
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner! Started running in March - I try to run 5x a week 5k. Add me if you like!
  • Alzzak
    Options
    One word of advice to beginner runners.... get good running shoes.... they can save you on many...I mean MANY pains later
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    Ooh!! Pick me! Pick me!! I'm almost done with week 2! But I have over 100lbs to lose. I love running though. =D
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I just graduated C25K and I had 50 lbs to lose when I started. Down to about 25-35 now, depending how I feel. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I, too, am about to start C25K....add me!
  • racerscottw227
    Options
    I have a question: How many of you are doing C25k on the Treadmill vs. Outside track vs. Inside track vs. other?

I'm finding that I don't have any problem running inside or on a treadmill, but running outside is grueling.