vitamins???

Options
can anyone tell me if it is good / healthy to take daily vitamins?? and if so which ones are best?

Replies

• Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    I like SISU, women's formulas

I like that it's a powder in a veg cap, easy to digest.
  • brandichula
    Options
    Iwas just wondering becase Ive noticed that Im not gettng all my vitaminsI needed.. so thought of aking vitamins.??
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Yeah that's why I take vitamins now too, even though I am eating very healthy foods now. Lol

Wanna be in top form. :glasses:
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    i take a multivitamin, b-complex (helps convert food to energy, fish,flaxseed, borange oil (omega 3, 6, &9 all one pill for heart, brain, and joint health) and chewy vitamin C
  • ForTheLastTimePlease
    Options
    It depends on the kind of diet you're doing. You need to make sure you're getting everything you need. Because I'm doing law carb I take different vitamins to someone doing say, low fat or just plain old calorie counting.

A multivitamin and omega-3 are pretty much standardly good for everyone.

I was tested and I have low vitamin D, calcium, iron and vitamin B so I take those ones on top of ones I take to substitute the vits and minerals I don't get because I don't eat carbs
  • spazz_face
    Options
    I have big issues with iron, I have been anemic as long as I can remember, also, I cannot take iron pills or B vitamins because they do not agree with my system and I either feel sick all day or throw up.

I was looking for an anti stress tablet, and seriously 99% of them are B complexes, but I found one that is seriously fabulous it makes me feel more awake and focused and ultimately less stressed, without being a natural drug that alters my state or anything, it is called "Stress and Stamina Formula" by the brand Microgenics (New Zealand brand but you can order online) and it is arctic root, winter cherry, and Korean ginseng. I highly recommend this. I wanted a tablet like this because with me when I change my diet considerably i usually feel lethargic and run down just because I usually eat so much crap and it is basically my body detoxifying, this helps.

My multivitamin is the same brand, ad it is just called "Mega Multivitamin" and I feel way better when taking this also :)

If you want to look into this brand I (it is a health food store brand and all natural etc) Here is a link:

http://www.healthpost.co.nz/shop-by-brand/supplements-and-natural-health/microgenics?gclid=CK_vwe_82LECFQiCpAodQwQAcA

Good luck guys! :)
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I take a multi and vitamin D. Both were recommended by the doctor after some blood work. If you want specifics, you should get the doctor to do some blood work. Otherwise, a multivitamin taken once a day can't hurt.
  • Lovelyhal
    Lovelyhal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I take a whole food supplement, 17 fruits and vegetables in a vegetarian capsule. Easily digestable and absorbed by the body and not man made. Contact me if you would like more information.
  • OkobojiMomma
    Options
    Advocare... core plex, omega plex and amplify at:) www.advocarebillings.com
  • stephlgillespie
    stephlgillespie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All the studies on vitamins I've read are mixed, at best. My hubby and I take JuicePlus (actual dehydrated fruits & veggies in capsules) b/c there's real science behind it (good clinical studies). I also take a B12 supplement b/c I'm about 80% vegan.

For more info on JP+: www.gillespieslovejuiceplus.com
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    At a minimum, make sure you're getting calcium with vitamin D - that's good for all females to help protect against bone loss later in life. I take a whole slew of things that target specific areas I want to address (eye health, joint health, etc), but a general multivitamin is a good place to start.

If you have a vitamin shoppe near you, pop in and just talk to the people there. They often have a ton of information they'd love to share with you. Take notes, but don't buy up everything they suggest (at least until you've had time to think it over, do your research, etc.)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    i take a reg women's multivitamin and CLA
  • michael300891
    Options
    I guess it depends on your diet. If your having a wide range of foods with lots of variety its not really necessary. I know my diet is rubbish in terms of micronutrient content so I have a multivitamin tablet on the days I remeber but dont stress if I forget for a while. Truthfully no idea if it works/helps but it cost £10 for 600 so im not to bothered haha.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion I think it is a huge waste to take "super dose" mega vitamins, just a simple multi with a lil extra of the B-complex is good. I think you need more B-complex for processing increased protein intake.

Also a good fish oil supplement would be advisable
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have big issues with iron, I have been anemic as long as I can remember, also, I cannot take iron pills or B vitamins because they do not agree with my system and I either feel sick all day or throw up.

I was looking for an anti stress tablet, and seriously 99% of them are B complexes, but I found one that is seriously fabulous it makes me feel more awake and focused and ultimately less stressed, without being a natural drug that alters my state or anything, it is called "Stress and Stamina Formula" by the brand Microgenics (New Zealand brand but you can order online) and it is arctic root, winter cherry, and Korean ginseng. I highly recommend this. I wanted a tablet like this because with me when I change my diet considerably i usually feel lethargic and run down just because I usually eat so much crap and it is basically my body detoxifying, this helps.

My multivitamin is the same brand, ad it is just called "Mega Multivitamin" and I feel way better when taking this also :)

If you want to look into this brand I (it is a health food store brand and all natural etc) Here is a link:

http://www.healthpost.co.nz/shop-by-brand/supplements-and-natural-health/microgenics?gclid=CK_vwe_82LECFQiCpAodQwQAcA

Good luck guys! :)

Do you take your vitamens with food or without? Because I noticed that when I take my vitamen without food I get so sick and throw up too. But when I take it with my meal like I have to literally eat about half my food or all of it and take my vitamen/s right after....
    But theire are some who can't take it with food and have to take it on an empty stomach or they'll get sick... I guess it just depends on the individual..
  • brandichula
    Options
    I take a whole food supplement, 17 fruits and vegetables in a vegetarian capsule. Easily digestable and absorbed by the body and not man made. Contact me if you would like more information.

Ive heard the term vegetarin capsule.. what is exactly the difference between a regular pill?
  • brandichula
    Options
    thank you everyone for the advce!!! I also heard B-12 was a good source of energy .. is this true? I believe Iwill start taking a Multi-Viamin.. see I feel afterwards for awhile....
  • stacgiggles
    stacgiggles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest taking them. You are not always getting the vitamins you need in the food you eat.

BUT before you get them do your research on what you and YOUR body needs. I always suggest a multi and D-3, and possibly fish oil.

Don't go cheap on them tho. Cheap is not always good ,especially when it comes to your body.
    Good luck,
    :)
  • brandichula
    Options
    I'd suggest taking them. You are not always getting the vitamins you need in the food you eat.

BUT before you get them do your research on what you and YOUR body needs. I always suggest a multi and D-3, and possibly fish oil.

Don't go cheap on them tho. Cheap is not always good ,especially when it comes to your body.
    Good luck,
    :)

Ive always heard that fish oil is great, nt sure exactly what for.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fish oil is mainly for good heart health.

I take JoeBees, which is natural bee pollen. It has all the vitamins and minerals you need, plus amino acids. I also have a calcium chew from GNC, and Vitamin D and B12 every day.