Goal for net calories?

Options
What do you guys aim for as your net daily? I have no idea what is a reasonable goal. Let me know what your calorie goals are and your net calorie goals, maybe then I will be less stuck as to what is reasonable?

Thanks

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    MFP is really designed to basically calculate this for you, but I would say between 1250/1500 are my regular goals.
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    net calories goal is different for every person.

based on your bmr and tdee.

then take into account how much you are aiming to lose and how much you exercise.

what is your weight and height and age?
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of staying right around 1848 for calories, which is TDEE - 20% for me. That takes into account my activity level, so I don't worry about accurate calorie counts for exercise. And it seems to be working pretty well for me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • spazz_face
    Options
    MFP is really designed to basically calculate this for you, but I would say between 1250/1500 are my regular goals.

Yeah that is calories, I meant net, as in the what you eat - what you burn. I wasn't aware that this was something MFP had in the diet plan?
  • spazz_face
    Options

then take into account how much you are aiming to lose and how much you exercise.

My weight is 132.4lbs, height is 5'4'' and I am 20 years old. :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    ooo i have the video for you!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/jaymebales83

"eat more to weigh less"
  • bosslady69
    bosslady69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi you should do you RDI then shave 500 calories a day from that. It's takes 3500 calories per pound so 500 x 7= 3500 that makes you lose 1 pound a week and more if your exercising always create a defecit. I'm at 1200 calories a day tracking helps me to stay under and if your exercising even though you can eat more calories try not too all the time. Hope this helps
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options

My weight is 132.4lbs, height is 5'4'' and I am 20 years old. :)

Your BMR is around 1450 calories. So eat at least that much but probably around 200-300 more depending on how active you are.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options

Yeah that is calories, I meant net, as in the what you eat - what you burn. I wasn't aware that this was something MFP had in the diet plan?

MFP is designed so that your calorie goal is a net goal. Check out your home page. It says something like:

GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE = NET

So it will give you the goal (let's say 1350) and lets say you at 1400, but have done a 300 calorie workout, your front page would look like this:

GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE = NET
    1350 1400 - 300 = 1100

And there would be a big "250" on the page to indicate you had 250 calories left - until you hit your net goal.

***ETA: You can do all of the math suggested here to come up with a very specific calorie goal, but MFP's estimates should work just fine, so long as you are honest and accurate in all of your measurements (be they in regards to your body, activity level, or in take).
  • spazz_face
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    MFP will set you a goal if you want to keep it simple. My problem has been messin around with too much information when I needed to be paying more attention to being consistent so I can give something time to work, or not work.

denise