Carbs

Options
Hello,

I am counting my carbs and not taking in no more than 20 a day I w anted to know does anyone know any other foods that I can eat that does not have so many carbs.

Thanks,

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you're eating now but my diary is open and I try and keep my carbs under 50 so you might get some ideas--it's pretty basic though, nothing exciting.

You can also join the Low Carber Daily Forum group. They have a few threads stickied where people post their menus, pics of their meals and stuff like that.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    you can friend me and see my diary; i'm only eating 10 grams.
  • cynobitya
    Options
    Hi Guys. First post. I am also carb counting and really struggling to keep my carbs under 20 a day. Having cut out bread rice pasta and bread, almost all processed food (with the exception of cheese), I'm having a tough time bulking out my meals. I have given up on fruit but I can't quit veg all together. And I find myself thinking about food CONSTANTLY. Is this normal?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    no idea why you would want to "bulk out your meals".

If you're eating some sensible portions of non-lean protein with low carb / low GI green veg you should be well satisfied.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am counting my carbs and not taking in no more than 20 a day I w anted to know does anyone know any other foods that I can eat that does not have so many carbs.
    What are you eating now, can't answer the "other" without that !

Bacon, eggs, steak, fish, cheese, nuts, berries, minced/ground beef, flax seed, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, leeks, cauliflower...........
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can view my diary, I'm low carb 20-25 net carbs. Veggies - i.e. Spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, tomato, broccoli. Meat i.e. fish, steak, chicken. If you're drinking coffee and like creamer switch to Heavy Cream which has 0 carbs. Splenda instead of sugar.
    Flax bread is a good alternative. There are SO many options in a low carb diet.
  • MrsMajorMoves
    Options
    Okay Thanks everyone:happy:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Broccoli prob isn't the best choice, 400g would put you over your carb target for the day
  • jshort152
    Options
    Unless your doing low carb for over 3 or 4 months its not worth it, you will feel sluggish, irritable, and hungry for a long time. Whats worse is you will probably gain that weight back if you eat carbs after you reach your weight goal. Low carb also has health risks, so just a heads up.. Otherwise go with low fat cottage cheese or most meats have no to low carbs, hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open. Fell free to take a peek as I have been on very lc for about 13 weeks.

Debbie
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Unless your doing low carb for over 3 or 4 months its not worth it, you will feel sluggish, irritable, and hungry for a long time. Whats worse is you will probably gain that weight back if you eat carbs after you reach your weight goal. Low carb also has health risks, so just a heads up.. Otherwise go with low fat cottage cheese or most meats have no to low carbs, hope this helps!

Jesse Short

I think that's a broad brush stroke you're making there. I've done it on and off previously, and while my body went into withdrawal for a week or two (where I felt sluggish and cranky) I felt amazingly energetic very quickly. And I never felt hungry - I ate as much protein, veggies and (healthy) fats as I felt like having.

Please list the health risks, with backup info.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Other than what? LOL.

I do 40g a day feel free to look at my diary for ideas.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Carbs are yummy, I love me some carbs. Be careful with such a low carb count, are you sure you can maintain it forever? The downside of that low of a carb diet is that once you start introducing carbs again you will ballon very quickly back up. I've seen it a hundred times.

Just my opinion, but you should try to do something you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life. That's why I choose a balanced diet & typically eat between 300 - 400 grams of carbs a day.

But in the end, do what's best for yourself. Good luck!

(I'm going to eat 8 slices of toast w/ peanut butter + a pint of ice cream tonight after dinner. Love my carbs!)
  • LowcarbNY
    Options

Jesse Short

I believe that the OP asked for a list of Low Carb foods, Not YOUR opinion on Low Carb
  • LowcarbNY
    Options
    Be careful with such a low carb count, are you sure you can maintain it forever? The downside of that low of a carb diet is that once you start introducing carbs again you will ballon very quickly back up. I've seen it a hundred times.

This is the type of garbage that occurs to EVERY post about low carbs that gets made to the F & N forum.

Head to the safety of http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group- , join the group and rid yourself of lice.