Looking for a Chocolate Protein cake

Options
TheAshpie
TheAshpie Posts: 62 Member
Hey guys and girls. I'm looking for a recipe for a Chocolate Protein cake in the field of 1610-1800 kcals for the entire cake. I'm doing IF and I want to make two cakes, one for me to devour Post fast and one for my guy to devour post fast. Anyone got a good recipe?

Replies

• Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and girls. I'm looking for a recipe for a Chocolate Protein cake in the field of 1610-1800 kcals for the entire cake. I'm doing IF and I want to make two cakes, one for me to devour Post fast and one for my guy to devour post fast. Anyone got a good recipe?

Wow! Do you intend to have the whole thing in one sitting or over one day or to last longer? I'm a but confused by IF so I can't be of any help. Seems like a lot of cals :noway:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    uhm.. I dont think a binge counts in IF.. could be wrong. I should check Dr. Oz's site.. :ohwell:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    IF means intermittent fasting...

and OP, sorry I don't know of any but if you find one can you send it my way?

Thanks!

Lauren
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't a binge defeat the purpose of fasting?
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In other words, she wants a cake to eat her entire day's food supply in one sitting... IF allows you to eat the same calories as a normal human, just with in a smaller window

One moment miss, I will see what I have
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a cake, but someone posted this link earlier for quinoa brownies with cookie dough frosting and I'm buying the ingredients TOMORROW!

http://www.damyhealth.com/2012/02/quinoa-brownies-with-cookie-dough-frosting/
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have never tried this one but i was planning to test it. 120 calories per piece.

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/rich-chocolate-cake-w-chocolate-protein-frosting/

looks very tasty :D
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bumping - curious for the responses!
  • jymflex
    jymflex Posts: 3
    Options
    Easy fix. Take any chocolate cake recipe. Double the amount of eggs on the recipe. Use grapeseed oil or olive oil. Substitute coconut palm sugar for the regular sugar. Use wholewheet flour instead of regular flour. Increase amount of chocolate by 1/4 over what the recipe calls for. Add. 1/3 cup of your favorite chocolateprotien powder. And save a slice for me.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cheese Cake

6 - 8oz packages cream cheese (3 lbs)
    2 cups sugar
    1 pint heavy cream
    7 whole eggs, plus 3 egg yolks
    1 pint sour cream
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon rum extract
    1 1/2 cups crushed graham
    1/2 cup soft butter cracker crumbs

Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together and divide mixture in half. Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of each of two 9" round cake pans. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Add sour cream, heavy cream, and flavorings. Mix well. Pour into pans over the cracker crust. Bake at 350F until set. Makes 2 cakes, 8 servings each. Each serving provides: 620 calories Approximate

Having trouble finding the calories on the following one... but....
    Protein Cake

Ingredients:
    2tbsp peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 scoop of protein
    A sprinkling of cinnamon

1. Mix egg, protein, cinnamon, and peanut butter in a mug. Mix until you have a batter-like consistency. Add water as needed.

2. Once desired consistency is reached put it in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds. Be careful that you don't put it in too long, or it will dry out.

3. Remove from microwave and enjoy!
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There is a blog called chocolate covered katie. On it she has a chocolate chip cookie cake made with garbanzo beans. I have made it; its delicous. I used real sugar, not stevia or anything. My 10 year old son requested it for his birthday. Once it's cooked you can't taste the garbanzo beans at all. Not sure of total calories, but its worth a look. Also she has brownies made with black beans -- I haven't tried making those yet though.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    my mug cake recipe. after finding a lot that sucked i took the best recipe and tweaked it until i liked it. they are still a bit of an acquired taste.

2tbsp all purpose flour
    2tbsp sugar
    1tbsp hersheys cocoa powder
    1/8tsp baking soda
    1/4tsp baking powder
    1tsp honey
    2tbsp skim milk
    2tbsp unsweetened applesauce
    1 large egg white

-whisk all dry ingredients together then add all wet and whisk again. this makes sure the baking powder really is even in the mix.
    -pour into a medium to large mug or coffee cup.
    -place it in the microwave and set for 1 min and 45 secs. i found this is the best time to get a nice texture but is still moist. i have a newer higher end microwave, but i think this time will work for most microwaves.
    - VERY IMPORTANT don't touch the microwave for at least 2 mins. if you even open the microwave it may fall. give it time to set. BUT if your looking for something more dense with a pudding consistency take it out right away. it will fall and the texture will change drastically.
    - eat and enjoy right out of the mug or wiggle it onto a plate. :)

i got the nutritonal value with the database. it was fairly difficult because all the measures are different, but i think this is fairly accurate.

cal: 191
    carb: 47
    fat: 1
    protein: 8
    sodium:330
    fiber: 3

p.s. im going to make a new thread for this recipe right after i post this. i figure i already have it all typed out. :)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump, recipes sound yummy:smile:
  • TheAshpie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the recipes! I really appreciate them. I don't plan on eating the entire cake in one sitting, but over the course of my "feed" time, and most of these will fit nicely in my caloric range for one day so I don't really consider it a binge. Thanks again everyone!
  • lishwish
    lishwish Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheAshpie
    Options

Wow! Do you intend to have the whole thing in one sitting or over one day or to last longer? I'm a but confused by IF so I can't be of any help. Seems like a lot of cals :noway:

Well, If it's about 1610 kcals, That fits in perfectly for the amount of Calories I eat per day. I lift heavy stuff, and I'm fairly active. Also, I'm eating only 20%- 30% below my TDEE for a slow healthly weight loss. I was trying the whole only getting by on 1200 cals a day thing and I was really struggling with it and pushing exercise like five times a week and it was overkill. I'm trying to enforce a new lifestyle..so it's gotta be slow, habit forming. Anyways, sorry to get off on a long drawn out speech hehe. It's really not that many calories if that's all I consume that day ;)
  • TheAshpie
    Options
    In other words, she wants a cake to eat her entire day's food supply in one sitting... IF allows you to eat the same calories as a normal human, just with in a smaller window

One moment miss, I will see what I have
    Thanks for explaining! Feel free to message me if you have any great recipes! :)
  • TheAshpie
    Options
    Easy fix. Take any chocolate cake recipe. Double the amount of eggs on the recipe. Use grapeseed oil or olive oil. Substitute coconut palm sugar for the regular sugar. Use wholewheet flour instead of regular flour. Increase amount of chocolate by 1/4 over what the recipe calls for. Add. 1/3 cup of your favorite chocolateprotien powder. And save a slice for me.
    I'm trusting you on this one! Haha Going to give it a shot!
  • TheAshpie
    Options
    Cheese Cake

6 - 8oz packages cream cheese (3 lbs)
    2 cups sugar
    1 pint heavy cream
    7 whole eggs, plus 3 egg yolks
    1 pint sour cream
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon rum extract
    1 1/2 cups crushed graham
    1/2 cup soft butter cracker crumbs

Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together and divide mixture in half. Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of each of two 9" round cake pans. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Add sour cream, heavy cream, and flavorings. Mix well. Pour into pans over the cracker crust. Bake at 350F until set. Makes 2 cakes, 8 servings each. Each serving provides: 620 calories Approximate

Having trouble finding the calories on the following one... but....
    Protein Cake

Ingredients:
    2tbsp peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 scoop of protein
    A sprinkling of cinnamon

1. Mix egg, protein, cinnamon, and peanut butter in a mug. Mix until you have a batter-like consistency. Add water as needed.

2. Once desired consistency is reached put it in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds. Be careful that you don't put it in too long, or it will dry out.

3. Remove from microwave and enjoy!

Hey thanks! I'm more looking for an actual cake, cake..Not those microwave cup thingys. But I will definitely be trying the cheesecake. It sounds amazing!
  • TheAshpie
    Options
    IF means intermittent fasting...

and OP, sorry I don't know of any but if you find one can you send it my way?

Thanks!

Lauren

Will do! Mind if I friend you to remember to send the recipe I try to you?