Newbie *waves awkwardly*

Options
Hey guys!

I've been not very active on this site for a while but have decided to take this a little more seriously this time. Food diaries have never usually worked out for me and it is the diet/food (I hate using the word diet) side of it that I fail at most. I could be at the gym at a class every evening if I could be ><

I don't have a lot to lose and is mainly a healthy/keep fit and trim aim more than anything :)

I look forward to meeting you all :)

Clare

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    If you don't have a lot to lose, make sure you eat enough healthy food and have fun at the gym! Don't try to "diet" and lose the last few pounds by starving yourself/giving up....
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I am finding the food journal to be eye-opening, but the exercise comes much harder for me. I love stopping to think about what I'm putting in my body. Honestly, I'm not even trying to be perfect. I will still eat chips and ice cream, just less of it. Where do you find all of your energy to work out every day???
  • RollerDerbyLexi
    RollerDerbyLexi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a NEWBIE to the site too. Not to dieting though, that is for sure. I'm looking for thinspiration. I'm on day four of my diet and want to drop 20. Hearing others tips, struggles and success keep me incouraged. I like to hear about others light at the end of the tunnel.. What's your biggest struggle?
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You can add me...I am not new anymore but am around often and enjoy helping if I can.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Feel free to add me. Can always use new friends on here! :)
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    HEY! Welcome !!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Hi Clare
  • bambi2307
    Options
    Hey there mom2handh1975 :D

I'm lucky enough to have a work membership at our local gym which is round the corner. So I always bring work out gear with me and check the class timetable in case something interests me. I only do classes cos it's easier for me to focus and a lot more. I get too distracted and bored on machines :)

You feel great afterwards too.

Foodwise, I just live on carbs, bread, potato, rice, pasta, you name it I nom on it and I want that to stop cos it just leaves me feeling grumpy and lethargic all the time :(
  • bambi2307
    Options
    RollerDerbyLexi,

I follow a lot of fitspo blogs on tumblr and things for inspiration and tips too which is great :) usually nice fun and colourful things too :)

I started on Monday to sort out my eating and have spent most of my meals eating chicken, salmon, veggies like brocolli/cauliflour and spinach (can't ever have too much spinach!!) :D

Also, HI to everyone else who has posted here :D It's nice to meet you all ^^
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hey clare. How's it going. You might not have a lot of weight to lose but all ppl have a need to be healthy. Good to meet you.
  • kevinwk
    kevinwk Posts: 77
    Options
    Welcome to the forums and getting more involved with MFP and all us "losers" LOL!! As usual, any and all are welcome to add me as a friend. I enjoy giving support as well as having to give accountability to others for my own fitness journey.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Clare, welcome to MFP. This is a great site to keep track of your food and exercise and a lot of great supportive people. Add me if you'd like.

Dawn
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Clare! You're doing something wonderful for your health. Your heart will thank you for eating right and exercising. Add me if you'd like!
  • martincrca
    Options
    Welcome! Ima only a week here too its very helpful!
  • kphelps1123
    Options
    i just started taking this site more seriously the last couple of weeks. i love it. i also enjoy my gym time. good luck on your fitness journey