chocolate mug cake

Options
BandForAlyAnne
BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
my mug cake recipe. after finding a lot that sucked i took the best recipe and tweaked it until i liked it. they are still a bit of an acquired taste.

2tbsp all purpose flour
2tbsp sugar
1tbsp hersheys cocoa powder
1/8tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
1tsp honey
2tbsp skim milk
2tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg white

-whisk all dry ingredients together then add all wet and whisk again. this makes sure the baking powder really is even in the mix.
-pour into a medium to large mug or coffee cup.
-place it in the microwave and set for 1 min and 45 secs. i found this is the best time to get a nice texture but is still moist. i have a newer higher end microwave, but i think this time will work for most microwaves.
- VERY IMPORTANT don't touch the microwave for at least 2 mins. if you even open the microwave it may fall. give it time to set. BUT if your looking for something more dense with a pudding consistency take it out right away. it will fall and the texture will change drastically.
- eat and enjoy right out of the mug or wiggle it onto a plate. :)

i got the nutritonal value with the database. it was fairly difficult because all the measures are different, but i think this is fairly accurate.

cal: 191
carb: 47
fat: 1
protein: 8
sodium:330
fiber: 3

Replies

• xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!!!!
  • determined_01
    Options
    bump
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • akw1989
    akw1989 Posts: 9
    Options
    That does sound good!
  • Larry1947
    Options
    Sounds Delicious!!!
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've never tried this with actual egg/flour/etc.

There was a post a while back about how to make an even easier mug cake, all you do is buy angel food cake mix (this is very important, as it means you don't have to use egg!) and whatever flavor cake mix you'd like. I personally love chocolate and red velvet.

Mix the two mixes together in a ziploc bag so that you can easily store it for later.

Take 2 tbsp of water and 3 tbsp of the mix, and put it in your mug. Microwave for a minute, presto! Cake! The post back then said that this way is 140 calories, but it's very difficult to be accurate with that since most mix boxes don't give information for the dry mix.

I don't know what the difference would be in tastes (since I've only ever done them with the angel food cake/other cake mix), but thought I'd throw it out there for people who may not keep all those ingredients in their house!
  • dasaucywench
    dasaucywench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump for later...yummy!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump...can't wait to try this on a day that I am doing better calorie-wise! Thanks :wink:
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    BUMP
  • BandForAlyAnne
    Options
    bump
  • cavrescue
    cavrescue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump for later! Thanks!
  • Laurie5427
    Laurie5427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks,
  • BandForAlyAnne
    Options
    bump
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    if i dont have cocoa powder, can i use a chocolate square, i think i will try this out!
  • BandForAlyAnne
    Options
    bump