Wanting to eat when Not Hungry.

Options
What do you do when you want to eat but aren't/shouldn't be hungry?

I'm at work right now and there's food right there...(Looks left).

Replies

• Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    drink water, cucumbers, pickles, sometimes I get busy with something else, like fold laundry or sweep or something.
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I drink water and chew some gum. Sometimes, it's just my mouth being bored, if that makes sense.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you want to eat but aren't/shouldn't be hungry?

I'm at work right now and there's food right there...(Looks left).

This always happens to me at work, people buy a big load of muffins or giant cookies because they're on offer at the supermarket, have one and shove the rest of them on a plate right in the middle of our joint desks, it drives me nuts and I usually succumb. But I usually just break off a bit, eat it slowly then drink loads of water. (this however usually escalates to 4 or 5 or 6 bits that probably add up to about 1 or 2 cookies in total anyway as nobody else seems to be that interested but I obsess about them until they're gone)

However there are ways to avoid snacks, drink tea, get in some ice lollies, or gum, or sugarfree lollypops, take a toothbrush into work and go brush your teeth... or just purely imagine how long it's going to take on a treadmill to burn that sucker off, what's easier ignoring that 400 cal donut or an hour on a treadmill. 0_0
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i drink water. sometimes, i have a werther's original caramel, because they take a long time to dissolve. that satisfies a sweet tooth, too! or i have a cup of coffee or tea.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I drink water and chew some gum. Sometimes, it's just my mouth being bored, if that makes sense.

^^this^^
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this A LOT! What seems to help me most is chewing gum and chugging water.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't eat if I am not hungry. Period.
  • jillebean60
    jillebean60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Get a huge drink of water, or cup of coffee and get my mind on something else. Chewing gum works too. If I'm at home and the craving won't leave, I'll eat a few bites of SF jello or 40 cal SF fudge bar.
  • Oksanaka
    Oksanaka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    drink water or brush your teeth! I try to use mouthwash when that happens because you can't eat or drink anything 30 minutes after using it :) usually the urge goes away after
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ahh I know exactly what you mean. I have no self control when it comes to snacks. I agree with what the others have said, drink water or brush your teeth, or if you can, go for a wander around the office, pop outside for a minute and just try to get your mind off it. Sugar free lollies are good as well.
  • Kmih
    Kmih Posts: 7
    Options
    I drink water, even if I drink a whole bottle of water while walking around it's better than eating something I shouldn't.

I also find something to do, doesn't matter what it is, just something to distract you :smile:
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I drink water or make some tea :)
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I drink a coke zero or pepsi max in those situations. It's rotting my teeth, but at least it helps kill the urge and doesn't make me fat.
  • kelseyolivia2
    kelseyolivia2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do this too! I try to drink water to keep my mouth occupied. If I still feel like snacking after that, then i usually am actually hungry.
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    my weakness is that candy dish on the reception desk!!! at 2pm the fun size twix screams my name. also at lunch when the guys eat chips, why is it that the sound of crunch makes you want something you would normally never even think to eat... i find i can not stop the temptation and can not chew gum due to customers so i keep cucumber, bell pepper, and snap peas in the fridge as my go to which really does help or sugar free pudding cups.. they are around 60 calories but much better then a donut or cupcake
  • FITFORT
    FITFORT Posts: 85
    Options
    Drink water, chew gum, and sometimes I even eat a (1) piece of hard candy, like a butterscotch, or cinnamon disc. It takes a while to dissolve. And the cinnamon one helps me to drink more water :)
  • CherBear1958
    CherBear1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog, I just struggled to get out some coherent thoughts. Hope it helps and would like some feedback.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, tea, coffee, diet pop (if you do that kind of thing), chew gum, indulge in a couple of pieces of hard candy, take a walk, get busy, look at clothes online (hey it stops me from eating when I look at cute outfits I walk to wear)
  • flowerlover5656
    flowerlover5656 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I ate dinner already and have very few calories left. Im already in fear of when i come home tonite after visiting my friend. I cant work out because i just injured my knee.