Jewelry from an Ex, Do you still wear it?

Options
Well? Do you?

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    guys give jewelry?

Damn I'm missing out...
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Nope... although I do still wear a ring the ex-husband's mother got me cause it is pretty. Other than that, not at all
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Nope, never.

I still have it all though.
    I am debating selling/pawning or just switching out the diamonds in some of my favourite pieces and make them look less romantic and more fun (coloured gems instead).
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Nope, but only because my husband threw away the earrings that my ex boyfriend gave me when the hubby and I got back together. Guess I don't blame him.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I sold it mainly because I don't wear yellow gold but if I liked it I would wear it, doesn't bother me at all.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I say why not as long as you're not holding onto memories from it. If it's just a necklace, wear it. But if it's a necklace from Brian that you got on your second anniversary and you were at that great sushi restaurant on the water, then yeah, don't wear it.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Yeah, but then we got back together and got married so he's not my ex anymore :)
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have a 800$ watch that I still wear... He has 2800$ pair of earrings he wears that I bought him....
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    yes. why wouldn't i?
    i don't have to hate everything about them just because we're not together.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Nope. Tossed it in my junk drawer and thats it. Plus, it would be weird to wear ex-bf jewelry around my current bf.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I don't hate him and it didn't end on bad terms. I'm wearing a necklace he gave me today. I wasn't sure but then I thought well if I wouldn't wear this maybe I shouldnt use my kindle either.
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    I wear some..diamond stud earrings in my second holes. I'd NEVER throw jewelry away! No need to get crazy! Lol! I did, however, sell a bunch of jewelry, including my engagement ring and wedding band and that got me to Europe.Prague was fabulous! So, thanks, dumbass exes!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have a very nice set of pearls that an ex gave me. I still wear them, and I still think of him very fondly (we broke up when I moved across the country to pursue education/career goals and he opted to stay "back home"). My husband is a little sensitive about it sometimes though, probably because it once came up that the pearls cost several times what my engagement ring did.
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yep!! I don't wear my old engagement ring and wedding band, mind you, but anything else is free game! It's my jewelry; he's not going to wear it!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    No, I pawned that stuff. Not because my exes gave it to me, but because they apparently had no taste.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think I would wear them if they weren't really romantic.
    But mine was a promise ring and then a anniversary ring, so there is too much relationship reminders in them.

Our relationship didn't end too badly or anything either.

I'm not sure if he still wears anything I've bought him.
    Haven't seen him since.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I sold my wedding ring but I have a necklace or two my ex got me. I still wear them.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    No, I pawned that stuff. Not because my exes gave it to me, but because they apparently had no taste.

That is awesome lol.

This is a Tiffany necklace which I basically picked out myself lol. It would be a shame to leave it in a drawer.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i used to.. one time i wore a ring and a necklace an ex got me while out with my current boyfriend.. that evening, guess who i saw? my ex. after that, i haven't worn any of it! wish i knew where it was now, i could try to sell it ;)