GNC diet pills??

Options
Ok so I was talking to someone today and they told me they lost weight by taking a diet pill from GNC. I was thinking about trying them out but don't know the name of them..
If anyone has any info on them I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of diet pills out there and you can loose weight on all of them. I am currently on a perscription one but will be coming off of it soon. I have just started my weight loss journey but it was used to just give me a jump start. Remember no matter what one you take if you do not make a lifestyle change while using it, once you are off most of the weight will come right back and maybe more. You may not get many supporters on here of weight loss pills but they can work but not alone. Am I loosing as fast cause of being on it, I don't know....may my weigth loss slow once I stop...possibly. But I am ready for that and I am busting my *kitten* at the gym and counting my calories. I can only hope it continues to go in the right direction. I have used many weight loss pills in the past and this is the first time I have the right mind set so hopefully everything will fall into place.
    Sorry about the essay but I just wanted to put my 2 sense in even though I do not have a name for you
  • Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I exercise everyday and eat right but I am really interested in these.. I may just have to go to GNC and ask whoever is working..
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was talking to someone today and they told me they lost weight by taking a diet pill from GNC. I was thinking about trying them out but don't know the name of them..
    If anyone has any info on them I would appreciate it. Thanks!

not a great way to do it. What are your actual goals? To lose weight temporarily and gain it back a few months down the road? Or lose weight and keep it off? If you diet and lose 20 pounds then go back to the way you've eaten and exercised for the past 5 or 10 years, guess what? You gain the weight back.

Eat less, exercise more, lose weight. No need to buy pills which are usually just stimulants which are not so safe for you. Just check the history on stuff like herbalife. Or fen/phen. Or.....
  • vavera22
    vavera22 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am taking a diet pill called Saba, my friends mom sells it and it is mostly an appetite suppressant and honestly it has really really helped curb the middle of the day snaking, I eat because i need to get my calories in and i am choosing healthier things because i don't feel like i need to stuff myself to be full.
    I can eat less an still be satisfied. It also gives me amazing energy all day with out a crash.

So I cant imagine its going to be perfect for ever but it has helped me jump start my journey

hope this helps
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I am taking a diet pill called Saba, my friends mom sells it and it is mostly an appetite suppressant and honestly it has really really helped curb the middle of the day snaking, I eat because i need to get my calories in and i am choosing healthier things because i don't feel like i need to stuff myself to be full.
    I can eat less an still be satisfied. It also gives me amazing energy all day with out a crash.

So I cant imagine its going to be perfect for ever but it has helped me jump start my journey

hope this helps

I'm always amazed at the "amazing energy" claims people make with whatever diet pills they take. Yes, you have more energy because the diet pills contain a stimulant. Saba is heavy on caffeine. Surprise! Ingest a bunch of caffeine and you have energy. And it's an appetite suppressant. Drink black coffee and take a B vitamin pill, same effects and much cheaper than buying Saba.
  • vavera22
    vavera22 Posts: 16
    Options
    Im sure it is, coffee makes me sick but i am A TOTAL caffeine junkie so thats why i like it, i was a 2 red bull a day girl so it fits me and my life I can take it in the morning with a banana and it jump starts my day, Im sure what you are suggesting is MUCH better for you
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Im sure it is, coffee makes me sick but i am A TOTAL caffeine junkie so thats why i like it, i was a 2 red bull a day girl so it fits me and my life I can take it in the morning with a banana and it jump starts my day, Im sure what you are suggesting is MUCH better for you

I'm always leery of the "diet pills" as so many of them turn out to have other ingredients which lead to serious problems. The one you're taking has a few minerals which are issues for anybody with any autoimmune problems. And the cost is a lot when you compare to No-Doz or Vivarin which are mostly the same thing.