ideas for gluten free and dairy free snack ideas

Options
I am just starting a new diet that is gluten free and dairy free. I'm trying to come up with some new ideas for snacks. To add to it I want to find snacks that are also low in calories.
ANy ideas!?!?!
Thanks
Christa

Replies

• EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am gluten free plus allergic to six of the top 8. Let's see:

* GERBS unsalted but roasted pumpkin kernels and sunflower kernels (the seeds are not shelled)
    * Enjoy LIfe now makes single serve, top-8 free trail mix. These are portable and great.
    * Freeze dried fruit
    * Glutino crackers and PB
    * Daiya makes dairy free cheese wedges
    * 100 calorie guac and veggies cut up
    * Fruit salad or just fruit
    * Veggies and hummus

Hope this helps!
  • danicherri
    Options
    I am also Gluten and Dairy Free and if i want a tasty treat, i will cut a banana into a few pieces... top with alittle Peanut Butter and melt some dark chocolate... spoon it ontop of each piece of banana and stick it in the freezer.... enjoy once frozen (not all at once)! Its also something i bring with me in larger amounts when i am invited to dinner at someones house.. this way i know for sure i will be able to enjoy dessert, as most times people bring cookies and cake!!
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am only gluten free but I notice a lot of gluten free snacks tend to be dairy free as well. Ones I I know are snyders gluten free pretzels, most snacks from Kinnikinnick Foods, and most Udis gf products. There is usually a label right on the packaging saying gluten free and dairy free.
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Glutino I think, has most or all dairy and all gluten free. All the stuff we get. My son has to stay away from soy also, so he gets coconut and almond yogurts. Make sure you read the labels carefully on things, it can be tricky and you can end up getting something you think is safe only to find that the last ingredient is a no no. Check out the gluten free Chex cereals, They may be free of both also. Also gorilla munch cereal, so I'd check out enviro kids brand and their parent company (natures path?). Take a gander at your local health food store, most labels say right on the front when they are free of those, not all, but seemingly more as time goes on. The convenience foods are going to cost, but they are definitely nice to have on hand for grab and dash stuff.
  • christarmiller
    Options
    Thanks for all the idea!!:flowerforyou:
  • keddins1
    Options
    I eat about 90% gluten and dairy free. Here are some of my favorites-
    Natural peanut butter and honey on rice cakes (better than it sounds)
    Fresh fruit!
    Warm salted edamame
    Soy Energy Mix, a nut and dried fruit mix from Costco
    A green smoothie (A cup of rice (or whatever) milk, frozen fruit, a banana, kale or spinach)
    Peanut butter smeared on a banana or an apple
    Hard boiled eggs

If you're just recently embarking on this gluten-free, dairy-free journey, a word of warning and encouragement: it's likely that you'll experience intense cravings for things like bread and ice cream, like I did when I switched to this, but it gets so much better and so much easier. I promise.