Biggest Loser Challenge- Week 1 weigh-in

Options

Replies

• vmk1007
    Options
    I want to join : ) My name is Valarie and I weigh 157. My goal weight is 125. I love riding my bike and my biggest problem seems to be cravings.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Jan. 4 (Tuesday) morning I weighed 134.
    My weekly charting is on Fridays, but since I weigh myself daily it won't be a problem for me to log both dates. Now that math for the %, yikes. ha.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    For % lost, you take your starting weight for the week subtract your current weight, then divide by your starting weight

(sw-cw)/sw=% lost
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. I need some more motivation.
    I'm Memaw and weighing in at 212 on Monday. (I weigh every day)
    I have been on this site since 2007. Last year I lost 36lbs but have gained 12 back. I want to get back to under 200 by Feb but I am not going to list a specific weight because that always seems to derail me.
    I am an avid animal (mostly dogs) lover. I have 5 dogs, 2 cats, 1 fish and feed the deer that come in my yard. And I obviously love to eat. I have 2 grown children and 1 grandson!!!

Memaw
  • suerichards
    Options
    I'm in!

I am Sue from the UK. I found this site over new years. Last year (April to Dec) I lost just under 7 stone (94lbs), and needed some help to lose the final 11lbs. I currently weight 144lb and don't really have a target date for goal. However, I am running a 10k run in June and hopefully a half Marathon in October so plenty to keep me motivated.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Sue: Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday I stayed within my calories, exercised (Couch to 5K, W6D1) and drank 68 oz. of water. Woohoo! I didn't even have to feel guilty about sitting in my living room, watching the Biggest Loser contestants work so hard!
  • adow
    adow Posts: 13
    Options
    Ready for the challenge; weighed in on Monday @145 lbs. My favorite food is chocolate and I love desserts. I have 3 kids and have never lost the baby weight from the last 2, so my goal weight is 125! Excited to have a support group with a common goal;)

Ang
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    I googled "percentage weight loss calculator", and quite a few websites appeared with simple "fill in the blank"s calculators. I do not know if it is OK for us to actually put the names of other sites on MFP, so I will list one example in a post to follow this. That way, if MFP feels the need to delete the posting that contains the other website's name, it will not also take off this info about just googling for a calculator. Actually, adding that feature (% loss calculator) to the tools of this site would be great! [hint hint] DeeDee
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    Here is the posting with the name of one example of a simple percentage weight loss calculator: http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html
    Maybe MFP could add one of their own to this site? That would be really helpful. :bigsmile:
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I want to join also! I'm Melissa. My current weight is 203. I've been working at losing weight since October and I've had more success this time around than I have ever had. I enjoy going to the gym, but I'm a teacher and I have a 7 year old, so it's hard to make it there as often as I'd like. I also live over 15 miles from my gym, and sometimes it's just hard to make it at all.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another good day! I stayed within my calories, didn't eat my 569 exercise calories burned doing cardio kickboxing AND drank all eight servings of water. I didn't weigh myself this morning because I forgot. I had to leave the house a bit earlier than normal because of the snow.

Have a great day!
    Heather
  • jellybelly09
    Options
    Hey can I join too?

Started today but will follow monday weigh in :)
    Im 5ft 5in and weigh 181lbs
    Im addicted to chocolate and all things bold in general lol.
    Would love to get down to 154lbs so Ive a bit to go. Good luck !!
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have been rocking it all week, today is my day off for homework and housework, but I weighed in, and I am 161.5!!!!! That is all the motivation I need to keep this up!
  • deedeehawaii
    Options
    I know that Friday is not the Challenge date, but today is the ending of my first week. For me, the first week is always the biggest loss week, and then the loss slows down for me. So, I wanted to be sure and celebrate my loss this week, because it probably won't be this great again per week. 5 pounds!! YES! That is 4%. A grand motivational start for myself. DeeDee
  • weddingprincess
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tara. I currently weigh 243lbs. My goal is 160lbs. My weakness is fried chicken. I hate working out and can't afford a gym membership. I like to ride my bike, but everything is up. (( I live in Washington state and looking for a buddy to work out with))
  • njenn10
    njenn10 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey Tara!
    I totally feel you. I am SOOO not a fan of working out either, and in fact I havent started a work out routine yet. I am excited to see how motivating being on MFP will be. So far so good, I've lost a couple pounds, but I know the first few usually come off fairly easily. Good luck and we'll work together to kick eachother in gear :-)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Can I join you all?

My name is Christy. I just started on 1/7/10. I weigh 145. I just joined the gym this week and am hoping to get my kids moving with me!! My biggest challenge is anything with flour. I love bread and pasta and gain so much when I eat it...not to mention the acne problems it causes me. So I have completely cut flour out of my life! Am working on cutting the coffee and cigarettes out to. I am down to one cup of coffee and 8 cigarettes a day.
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sylvie.

I had my stuff posted on the other message blog so here they are back.

Jan 4 - weight is 172.8

I am from British Columbia and trying not only to loose the weight but to change my lifestyle so I can keep the weight off when I've reached my goal which is to weight 140 by June 1st. I think I can do it as I have more than 5 months to do it.
  • emilysuzanne
    emilysuzanne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone! Today is the last day before weigh-in, good luck to everyone and tomorrow we'll get to see who's been working the hardest. :) AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    :D
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sandy and I just started on this site last week. I am 5'7" and i weighed 191 last week. I love pizza and mexican food. I would really like to loose 40lbs. I do not have a time frame. Can I still join? Does anyone know anything about "the wave" by the Firm. I just got it and I do not know the cals it burns. I just figure in a 6-8 inch aerobic step. So far I really like it.