Paleo Friend!!!

Options
Hey guys and gals! I just thought I would start another of my random shout outs for friends who eat Paleo. If you too would like Paleo friends feel free to post in here and friend the others. Feel free to shoot me a message and let me know you are into Paleo and want support from other Paleo friends so we can all help each other out!

Oh, and if you do not eat Paleo or agree with it please do not use this thread as a stomping ground to start and argument. If you don't know what Paleo is, feel free to join, politely, in the conversation!

Replies

• MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think Paleo is great, but it needs more cake and sweets! I'd prefer if there was a vegan option on the meat too! I like eaten food I wasn't designed for and cross species works for me! If only you'd allow everything to be packaged I'd be happy! I've never killed my own food and think that all meat is grown is green houses. Cheese comes from cheese plants and human milk is dirty!

How's that?

lmao
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You can add me! It's great for weight loss and feeling better! :)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I don't eat 100% paleo but I don't eat gluten unless I HAVE to (like if a friend cooks dinner with it) and I can't eat dairy. I use a lot of paleo recipes because they are safe for me and delicious. I absolutely will go 100% some day probably once I get out of college so it's a bit more convenient. Feel free to add me anyways, I am always trying out new paleo recipes and would love to hear some of yours.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I think Paleo is great, but it needs more cake and sweets!
    How's that?

lmao

http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-brownies/

I love these!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't eat 100% paleo but I don't eat gluten unless I HAVE to (like if a friend cooks dinner with it) and I can't eat dairy. I use a lot of paleo recipes because they are safe for me and delicious. I absolutely will go 100% some day probably once I get out of college so it's a bit more convenient. Feel free to add me anyways, I am always trying out new paleo recipes and would love to hear some of yours.

that's great! I personally am only 100% when I am doing a Whole30 (like I am now). Other than that, I will eat about 90% Paleo just to make functional choices. I'll go have a beer with a friend or order pizza once in a while... but for the most part I try to be pretty good about it because I have noticed when I start eating gluten and dairy I really do feel like absolute crap.
  • MonkeyBars
    Options
    I think Paleo is great, but it needs more cake and sweets!
    How's that?

lmao

http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-brownies/

I love these!

I gotta confess, I'm still stuffing protein bars in my face, but I've dropped most things and I've been working through things as an experiment. I'm more Primal then Paleo, but let's see how it all pans out! I'm considering dropping milk after my 42nd birthday for 6 weeks....ooooh....
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options

I gotta confess, I'm still stuffing protein bars in my face, but I've dropped most things and I've been working through things as an experiment. I'm more Primal then Paleo, but let's see how it all pans out! I'm considering dropping milk after my 42nd birthday for 6 weeks....ooooh....

Yeah, but Primal and Paleo are pretty much like family. It's just that Paleo is like the cool older brother of the two :wink:

J/K! (I'm sooooo joking and not trying to start a fight) I applaud anyone who lives by either! Its all about making healthy choices and understanding that food is for nourishment, not for pleasure... well, except for ice cream, that is for pleasure... lol
  • MonkeyBars
    Options
    I gotta admit, eating cake f**ks me up now :(
    I seem to tolerate some sweets (although I get a bit dizzy high)..... I'm off the sodas (man, I miss them), but I do drink the odd fruit juice (probably full of HFCs dammit) just because water all day makes me thirsty!

I'm unconvinced we should drink 8 cups a day, I think it's probably less, but we should get more fluids thru our veg!
  • MonkeyBars
    Options

Yeah, but Primal and Paleo are pretty much like family. It's just that Paleo is like the cool older brother of the two :wink:

• PhilyPhresh
    Options
    I gotta admit, eating cake f**ks me up now :(
    I seem to tolerate some sweets (although I get a bit dizzy high)..... I'm off the sodas (man, I miss them), but I do drink the odd fruit juice (probably full of HFCs dammit) just because water all day makes me thirsty!

I'm unconvinced we should drink 8 cups a day, I think it's probably less, but we should get more fluids thru our veg!

I am not sure about drinking less, then again it has been in the 110-115 degree range here for weeks! (until today that is) So I get pretty thirsty ;)

I too have quit drinking soda, and I have noticed if I have even just one I crave it... so I try to never drink them. And I have also noticed if I eat bread or grains I start to get all congested and I can't breath as well through my nose. So I try to limit those as well. Definitely love how I feel when I am not eating and drinking all that processed crap... (Why must it taste so good!?!?!)
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    bumping.... :tongue:
  • keddins1
    Options
    I eat Paleo about 75% of the time... does that count? I eat almost completely gluten and dairy free (except plain yogurt with live and actives cultures), but I do eat quinoa and oats. Even though I'm not 100%, I feel loads better than I did when I was eating tons of grains and dairy. The best part? After a year of being very strict with my gluten-free diet, I allowed myself a few cheats here and there, and for the most part, my favorite foods that I missed so badly, like pizza, just didn't taste as good as I remembered them. That and the fact that those foods now make me feel like absolute garbage, keeps me on the right track. How handy!

Although, after all that, I do have to confess that I will never stop loving Nutella. Don't judge. :)
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I would like to make the switch to being paleo so any help and motivation would be great. I did a lot of fresh clean eating and it made me feel so good! I also learned about our food industry so i would love to lead more of a paleo life style! It's hard would be moocho appreciated! Thanks! :happy: :heart:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I stick more closely to Primal to allow for more dairy options. And I go by Mark Sisson's 80/20 rule. I do good most of the time but sometimes I need a cheat (which sadly is usually a protein bar).
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options

that's great! I personally am only 100% when I am doing a Whole30 (like I am now). Other than that, I will eat about 90% Paleo just to make functional choices. I'll go have a beer with a friend or order pizza once in a while... but for the most part I try to be pretty good about it because I have noticed when I start eating gluten and dairy I really do feel like absolute crap.

I haven noticed that as well and that is one of my biggest motives! To NOT feel like crap after eating. I want to feel "clean"! :happy:
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    I went completely 100% paleo over a month now, love it!

The biggest challenge to me is eating-out or taking-out... feel like it's a paleo unfriendly world out there :noway:

Anyway, I'm still learning everyday. I will keep learning the practicing the paleo way of eating & living, please feel free to add me, thank you :happy: :happy:
  • SaraSillyRainbow
    Options
    Paleo eater here- it's been about a year now since my conversion. I have a cheat maybe once or twice a month. I'm currently doing Keto as I'm trying to lose some stubborn fat :-)
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So does just eating meat count? Becuase.... I love to eat meat. I would have a meat only diet if I could.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have celiac and I am lactose intolerant so I stay away from foods with those items. I just recently bought some books about paleo and I have been easing into trying to follow this diet. I can't say I do it 100% yet but I am definitely looking for people who have experience with this and can support me with trying to make this diet work for me! So please add me, would love more paleo friends :D

~Share
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    I went completely 100% paleo over a month now, love it!

The biggest challenge to me is eating-out or taking-out... feel like it's a paleo unfriendly world out there :noway:

Anyway, I'm still learning everyday. I will keep learning the practicing the paleo way of eating & living, please feel free to add me, thank you :happy: :happy:

I know exactly what you mean about the eating out. It is so difficult to even go get a steak!!! "Do you have grass fed beef? Okay I want that, but don't cook it in butter or soybean oil. What is in your seasoning? Okay non of that... sides? Can I get the veggies? oh they only come fried huh, okay, do you have sweet potatoes? No?! Well how about your apples? Soaked in sugar huh..." lol