New and Looking for Support Buddies

Hey guys, my name is Joseph. I'm a 19 year old college student. When I was younger in middle school up until the past year I was always overweight and made fun of constantly. It really ate away at me and it killed my self confidence and eventually made me become very shy. As of last year my heaviest weight was 210 pounds and I had an abuse issue with alcohol. Since then I started working out at school and almost completely stopped drinking (it was hard to not in college). But I still was unable to see the results I wanted.

So I set out to start educating myself with personal nutrition and fitness information. I have a few days left to finish the Insanity 63 day program. I went from that 210+ person and now am at 155 with around 7% body fat. I attribute all of my recent success to using this app to track my food and learn about how important nutrition is. I just feel as if I may fall off and lose my results after I finish the program. I am hoping to start p90x in a week or so to stay on track. But I would love to hear and have some people help me push for life long fitness and not something temporary like what a lot of people have happen to them. Let me know how you guys have conquered any struggles to fall back to your old ways or avoided slacking off once you reach a certain goal and then ultimately losing your hard work. Hope to hear from some of you guys.

Thanks,
_Joseph R

Replies

• mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Hi, my name is Mark and wanted to let you know you or anyone can add me as a fiend for support. I am always looking for new friends. I have been on MFP for about a year and have used it off an on in the past.

I never used the community section until now and can see how it will help.

I wish you luck with MFP.

Mark
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Chris here. I'm a big believer in Beachbody. Been doing P90X for 5 years and Insanity for 3. You want a push to workout hard and attain lifelong fitness? Feel free to friend me. I'll be both honest and helpful.

Good luck.
  • Add me i'll support you!
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Hey man-
    Finally someone who is my age/situation. I only got up to 185 but my lean weight was around 115-125. I can understand the drinking, I've never but I have seen what it does to people. The key to not stopping is to figure out something else that you enjoy. If you like weight lifting do it, if you can't stand it then figure something else out till you find something that makes you happy to do. If you dedicate yourself to some kind of physical exercise after a while your body expects it and will actually have withdraw symptoms from not doing it. If you figure out what you enjoy and do it enough, it will become a part of your life that you will look forward too and will be a great aspect in a balanced life. I, however, totally feel you on the loosing motivation department. I have been off of my supplements for about two-three weeks now and am struggling to push myself anywhere near as hard as I was doing before. Good news is that in another week and a half I can go back on them for an epic month of bulking. I have seen the results of P90 but haven't tried it. You haven't listed what you are looking for, goal wise, so it's hard to suggest anything else. If you are looking to get bigger for whatever reason (I don't like to be a total looser when it comes to anything physical so I'm looking to have more muscle) then you should do some bulking with me. Let me know, and keep up the good work.
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • I'm in! Can use the help as well!