Is anyone doing the 30 day shred? New here :)

Options
Hey everyone. Quick introduction-I am FINALLY getting into gear to lose weight. My son turns 3 tomorrow, and if I had stuck with my weight loss plans, I could have been at my goal a long time ago! I am 176 pounds, but for some reason people always think I'm less than that. That's fine with me, LOL, but I know the truth and I'd like to get healthy and fit again. I'm ashamed of my body and I can't find clothes that fit me well. I started the 30 Day Shred on Monday, along with portion control and trying to watch what I eat. I don't want to deprive myself, but I see that not controlling how much I eat has obviously been detrimental. I wanted to know-have you completed the 30 Day Shred? What was your experience like? While I have a goal weight, right now it's more about slimming down and toning...I want to like what I see in the mirror, and since I've always had a muscular build from years of gymnastics, I am trying not to focus too much on what the scale says. I would love to hear your success stories to help motivate me!! I wouldn't mind some support buddies either ;) Thanks!

Beth

Replies

• TerriBF
    TerriBF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will actually be buying it tomorrow. A friend of mine said it's great- 20 min exercise and is something I can fit in when not enough time to go to the y on when on call. can't wait to purchase it and try it
  • bethanylyn07
    Options
    So far, I really feel like it's a great workout. I have tried many at home workouts because with the three little ones (and financial reasons) it's hard to get to a gym. I sweat more with this workout than anything else I have tried. One tip: measure around your arms and thighs (thickest part) and also the smallest part of your waist and just above the hip bones. Measure them again when you have completed the 30 days. I have read that this where you will really see big results, aside from any pounds lost. Good luck! :)
  • absoluttif1
    absoluttif1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started it tonight. I seem to remember jumping jacks being much easier as a child! :)
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673349-30-day-shred-result-show-us-your-before-after-pics?hl=30+day+shred

Look here! Lots of pictures on this board :smile: And, good luck! Level 2 Day 9 here!
  • iamluce
    iamluce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i started on monday as well!
  • santanna935
    santanna935 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16 and I luv the workout! I made sure to measure myself and have lost 3 inches and 10lbs! Level 2 is kicking my butt (lots of planks!) but in 4 more days I'm going to do the measurements again... Lol is it goofy that I'm excited?
  • bethanylyn07
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673349-30-day-shred-result-show-us-your-before-after-pics?hl=30+day+shred

Look here! Lots of pictures on this board :smile: And, good luck! Level 2 Day 9 here!

I found these after I discovered I could search keywords Haha! Thanks!