Yummy but Under 200 Calorie Foods?

Options
Who has any ideas or recipes? I need more inspiration!

Replies

• allishaFaye
    allishaFaye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i love dipping fruit in yogurt!!! its really yummy
  • EvanEnvyKilljoy
    Options
    I used to love yogurt, but for some reason it always make me feel like I'm going to vomit :/
    It's been a while, though, it might be time to try again, thanks!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    some of my faves that come in at right around 210:

multigrain english muffin (100) + egg (70) + .5 oz feta cheese (40) = 210 cals
    filling and delicious breakfast.

med size apple (110) + 1 tbsp peanut butter (95) = 205 cals
    filling and delicious snack.

dr. praeger's veggie burger (110) on 2 slices of pepperidge farm light style 7 grain bread (90) with a bit of lettuce (5) and spicy brown mustard (5) = 210 cals
    filling and delicious lunch/dinner.
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fruit, or a few handful of berries
    A handful of nuts, pretzels, or air-popped popcorn.
    String cheese, or those babybels.
    Banana w/ 1-2 tsp of peanut butter.

Usually whatever is listed as 1 serving on any package.. ice cream, crackers, chips, etc.
  • EvanEnvyKilljoy
    Options
    Has anyone tried those Morning Star Veggie Burgers? Your idea JUST reminded me of that commercial and I'd love to try them.
    I've never had feta... what's it like?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ohh sweetie, no. please no. i see your food diary. please don't eat so little.
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I found some yummy dannon 80 calorie greek yogurt :) and theres those 90 calorie yoplait yogurts that are flavored like cakes and pies. and oatmeal is 150 calories for a whole cup of it. Add 2 tsp of sugar and its still only 180 cals. Not to mention keeps you full. Fruit is always yummy. I like to chop up an apple and sprinkle some cinnamon on it and put it in the microwave for like 20 seconds :3 for some reason if i eat it plain it just makes me hungrier. Then theres tea and coffee...salad with 2 Tbsp of ranch is only 160ish calories

>.< Yikes. but what captain said- You really should eat at least 1200 calories a day or else you can go into starvation mode and just hold in the weight..
  • EvanEnvyKilljoy
    Options
    It's worked so well! I was skeptical when I read about it... thinking the pictures were Photoshopped or whatever, but it's working very quickly with very little side effects. I am very sensitive to medication now (i.e. cold medicine, tylonol, what have you) but who needs the poison?
  • EvanEnvyKilljoy
    Options
    Oatmeal has always been a great standby of mine... sugar free oatmeal is only 100 calories... and it's still pretty yummy.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Eat. :indifferent:
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    pop corn
    apple slices drizzled with warm peanut butter
    greek yogurt and frozen berries blended in the blender(makes a sorbet)
    turkey hill frozen yogurt 90 cal 1/2 cup
    french toast-45 calorie bread-1/4 egg beaters-1/8 skim milk-1/2 tsp cinnamon-1/2 tsp vanilla (around 150 caories)
    1/2 apple, baked, 1 Tbsp lowfat yogurt sprinkled cinnamon (45 calories)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Your goal is 400 calories a day? I seriously think you need professional help rather than ideas to further starve yourself. You are going about things in a highly damaging, dangerous and foolish manner that will mess up your health longterm unless you take a more healthy approach. Is being thin really of more value than being alive?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Honestly - I don't think you need inspiration for low cal food, what you actually need is to set a realistic calorie goal and to meet it with a variety of mostly healthy foods - including fruit and veggies. And possibly some counselling or support to help you do this.
    A daily calorie allowance of 440 is a death sentence - and I really don't wish that for anyone.
  • orangegalt9
    Options
    Luna protein bars. 170 cals and a decent amount of protein.
    Trader Joe's or Fage 0% Greek yogurt. 120/130 calls per cup and lots of protein. If you don't like the fast plain, add lime/lemon juice and Splenda, or the sugar-free flavored syrups they sell for coffee drinks etc. (no cals—check out Torani online)
    Arctic Zero. It's a fake ice cream made from whey protein, and a whole pint is only 150 cals.
    Canned tuna—the small can, in water rather than oil, is 70 cals and high protein. You can add mustard or hot sauce.

I have mixed feelings about providing these suggestions. I'm in recovery from bulimia and you seem to be anorexic or on your way there. If/when it gets to the point that you're ready to seek treatment, Renfrew is absolutely amazing. I was at the Philly residential, but there's probably one closer to you. Florida, maybe. Until then, try to maximize your protein:calorie ratio. Protein is so important for energy... calcium is also important and lots of people with EDs haw bone issues. If it's not in your multivitamin and you plan to keep eating as you are, you should probably get a supplement. Or Silk unsweetened almond milk—35 cals/cup and more calcium than dairy milk.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk or have questions about treatment.