Fitness Program: INsanity

Options
Ello!

So, I am considering purchasing this new exercise program called INsanity by Shaun T (The guy from hip hop abs). I watched this paid programming last night. It sounds promising but I wanted to know if anyone has tried the program with real results.

Fill me in.....are there any insanity survivors out there??

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    my only concern is it says in the commercial that people who are already extremely fit have trouble with the workout. It just sounds like it is biting itself in the butt.

If I can't do a general workout for an hour that includes mutliple push ups, jumping jacks, etc. I don't know if it would be the program for me.

You might be in good shape though? It seems like a great workout, just on the more advanced side.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Insanity is not for the new to exercise or just getting back into it. However, you might feel the need to push yourself extra hard and be in an okay good shape. Advanced workout and some people do the P90x series first.
  • mnixon13
    Options
    I think I am going to start it today. I'm nervous, but excited at the same time. You have to remember, that though it is an extreme workout, you just have to give it your best. It doesn't matter if your best is 5 pushups or 55. If you push yourself that 5 or 55 pushups will become 10 or 100. My wife started running this past summer and started off struggling to run a mile. She kept pushing herself and kept running even though she was initially discouraged, and at the end of the summer, she ran a 3k. So please be encouraged to try any fitness program.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Thanks mnixon13!
    I think i'll order the program next week when I get paid. I'll keep you all posted on the results. :)
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've done multiple P90X rounds, one full Insanity round, one Insanity/P90X round, and am now doing another Insanity hybrid. So, essentially this is my third time through the program. I was already super-fit before I began my first round, and it still knocked me on my rear. It is a tough tough program.

One very important thing to remember is that it is not a weight loss program; it is a conditioning & fitness program. You cannot do this program and not eat. It is extremely crucial that you follow the nutrition plan and eat the amount of calories it says you should. Your body will need every bit of fuel for the workouts.

Good luck!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I too have been through the Insanity Series and am now mixing it in with my P90X and believe and follow the suggestion from sandy429, she is absolutely right and honest. This is X-treme and like Shaun T says I aint playin!!!
  • mnixon13
    Options
    Yeah, keep us posted.

PS-I said 3k, I was corrected, it was a 5k.
  • mnixon13
    Options
    After doing the first DVD, it's definitely not easy. I should have ate more before I did it. Shaun T is pretty intense.