How do i change my sugar intake?

Options
I always go double my sugar intake, tell me how i can change it or how to lower how much sugar i eat.

Replies

• jjefferies7
    Options
    simple. eat less sugar.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I always go double my sugar intake, tell me how i can change it or how to lower how much sugar i eat.

Look at the items you eat. Which ones have the highest sugar content? Eat less of those items. Eat meat and veggies if you want to cut out sugar. Fruit has fructose which is sugar. Bread, pasta, etc have sugar. Of course, total sugar isn't really that big a worry. Are you staying within a reasonable total calorie intake? If so, worry less about your sugar.
  • betterplayer
    Options

Look at the items you eat. Which ones have the highest sugar content? Eat less of those items. Eat meat and veggies if you want to cut out sugar. Fruit has fructose which is sugar. Bread, pasta, etc have sugar. Of course, total sugar isn't really that big a worry. Are you staying within a reasonable total calorie intake? If so, worry less about your sugar.
    I only get about 10-20 calories above each day. Is that good? Plus the highest sugary stuff is oatmeal (about 1.25 daily values of sugar)
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Read labels. Different brands of the same foods might have different amounts of sugars. If you're eating instant oatmeal try regular oats, or at least mix them half & half to lower sugars.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options

I only get about 10-20 calories above each day. Is that good? Plus the highest sugary stuff is oatmeal (about 1.25 daily values of sugar)

Are you eating packaged flavoured oatmeal? I used to eat that stuff until I realised how much sugar was in it O_O now I flavour my own and use stevia to sweeten.
  • Tex_Zen
    Tex_Zen Posts: 10
    Options
    I am at war with carbs (sugar). Dr. Atkins was almost right.

Shop the meat, fresh vegetable, and (light) on the fruit aisle.

Stay out of the prepared, processed foods aisle in the middle
    of the store.

It took me about a couple of weeks to get almost completely
    off of the sugar train. My inspiration is my dear friend Cyn
    she is a type one diabetic, she cannot take in very many
    carbs at all. I made the decision to go as carb free as
    possible. I believe that there are no essential carbs.
    Many here may disagree with my extreme views yet my
    friend is a testament to this statement.

I have a thyroid issue and have to get the weight off
    from that issue.

Good Luck to you. As with any dietary changes check
    with your Dr.

L
  • betterplayer
    Options
    I am at war with carbs (sugar). Dr. Atkins was almost right.

Shop the meat, fresh vegetable, and (light) on the fruit aisle.

Stay out of the prepared, processed foods aisle in the middle
    of the store.

It took me about a couple of weeks to get almost completely
    off of the sugar train. My inspiration is my dear friend Cyn
    she is a type one diabetic, she cannot take in very many
    carbs at all. I made the decision to go as carb free as
    possible. I believe that there are no essential carbs.
    Many here may disagree with my extreme views yet my
    friend is a testament to this statement.

I have a thyroid issue and have to get the weight off
    from that issue.

Good Luck to you. As with any dietary changes check
    with your Dr.

L
    Okay...
  • betterplayer
    Options
    Testing my siggy.