Cinched around the belly button

Options
ClareRae
ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
I'm curious if anyone else has this problem, but i'm not sure how to explain it. My belly fat is reeeeeely uneven because in the middle, all the way around, at the level of my belly button, the skin is tighter. It's gotten a bit better as I've lost more weight, but I'm wondering if it ever gets better? Will the skin above and below ever even out with it, or will I always appear to be wearing a skin tone belt?

Replies

• ClareRae
    Options
    Guess I'm the only one...
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the only one...

Not sure of it's the same... I have weird dimples in my belly... Almost like someone took a scoop out with a mellon baller in a couple places... The more I loose the more indented those spots get... Like I'm "spot reducing" (almost... The whole belly is smaller but these spots are smaller faster)
  • ClareRae
    Options
    It's not the same as mine, that tight ring around my belly button has always been there. That's interesting tho. Surely we're not the only ones...
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    yep. thats what we call the double belly. LOL. i've got a belly, and a pooch below my belly button. if i was the size around my belly button all over my middle.... i wouldn't be here!!
  • ClareRae
    Options
    LoL. It just freaks me out, because it makes me wonder if I've been wearing the wrong pants or something all this time to create this ring around my middle.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you mean and I think I have a similar problem but I don't know how to fix it either...but I'm not sure if I totally understand lol
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ive seen that quite often in before and afters and I think in the end it's like every weight loss. Depending on age and skin (mainly) it will recede considerably but may never completely disappear. Just work hard on toning it down. It may take a few years for the skin to flatten back. (after losing the fat there, of course)
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The roll that is still their when your pants are no longer tight. I have that if that is what you'r talking about?
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yep I know what you're talking about ...I too wonder if it will even out. And the same thing if I was the size around my belly button I would be happy. Look like a permanent muffin top even when the waistband is comfortable. I guess time will tell.
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. It separates my belly in two and the top is bigger than the bottom. I Hope it goes away with weight loss and core strengthen but i have no idea.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    im having a tough time picturing this

like a double roll? lose all the fat and it should even out if your skin bounces back
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I think that's from wearing ur pants up there for so long because I've only seen in people who wear their pants up that high. I have no idea if it will go away but I assume if you stopped wearing ur pants there that it would prob go away with time.
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump!

same here..

the area around my belly button is teeny..and the part above is flat too..but below that...it is almost the same as my hips..! that.big..!

My pooch has been reducing significantly with weightloss,and i hope that i will lose ALL of it with time and weightloss..!
  • FitbyJordan
    Options
    I have this problem too! I hate it, I think the only thing that would fix it is a tummy tuck. Ugh!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,599 Member
    Options
    I think it's also called a B-shaped belly - because from the side your stomach is the shape of the letter "B". I'm sorry to say, though, that, fat or slim, I've had this all my life. The above the belly button roll decreases but has never gone away. Now I have a lot of loose skin, above and below. I've always hated having this shape - it makes clothes, particularly pants with non-stretchy waistbands, hard to fit. I'm wondering if surgery is the last resort and if it would work. Anybody every lose their B shape?
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    ok i dont wear my pants around my belly button, but i have an indention adound that area myself. it looks weird, but it goes from out to in at my belly button back out and then back in where i wear my pants at my hips..... i dont know....
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a puffed out belly. So people think I am pregnant. It's really annoying.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I think it's from my pants. I have it too :(

And it's awful
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes! When I wear a dress or a skirt by belly doesn't puff out as much as when I wear pants. So annoying!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I too have a ring around the middle. Some people are just different. But I didn't have it when I was skinny way back in the day so here's hoping for both of us that it will go away soon and be gone forever :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!