Work in progress. 2010-2012

Options
progress.jpg

Why the scale means less to me today than it did in the last couple of years!
I CAN do this! I've finally realised what I can do if I focus not on tomorrow, next week, or next month, but on the long term!

Sorry, not sure how to edit this so that you can see all three pictures in a row, but I do know you can right click and select 'view image' to see them all.

Replies

• futurestarz
    Options
    very interesting post... you look great!
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    So encouraging!! Thanks for sharing!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, Tina! Your hard work really shows in these pictures! I am SO proud of you!!! I love your outfit in your profile pic, by the way!!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing.
    I'm so confused to see you still weigh the same yet look like you have lost stones upon stones.
    How is that possible?
    Even in the second photo of the the five kilos you lost with no exercise you look like you lost 4 times that.
    I can't get my head around this one.
    Great job, keep doing whatever you're doing.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing.
    I'm so confused to see you still weigh the same yet look like you have lost stones upon stones.
    How is that possible?
    Even in the second photo of the the five kilos you lost with no exercise you look like you lost 4 times that.
    I can't get my head around this one.
    Great job, keep doing whatever you're doing.
    I guess I am losing fat and gaining muscle? I put my faith in a trainer in the gym who said go for HIIT and strength training 3 to 5 times a week for up to 45 minutes and it must be working! I have lost 10-12cm from my tummy, lots more to go, it doesn't look so flat when I stand up :laugh:

It's a five pound difference between photos 1 and 2, so about 2.2kg.
  • HappilyLifts
    Options
    Holy crap, Tina! Your hard work really shows in these pictures! I am SO proud of you!!! I love your outfit in your profile pic, by the way!!
    aw thank you, you will make me cry, i wish my husband would say that! :smile:
  • HappilyLifts
    Options
    I know it's not long ago that I posted this thread, but I just wanted to share a NSV.
    I decided to get myself some new gym pants as my old ones were getting a bit worn and bobbly from thigh rub :laugh:
    I am now the proud owner of some UK size 14s (my old ones were 18s and 16s), and they don't just fit, they fit well. I'm over the moon. Worth every bit of sweat, every loss of faith every couple of weeks, every aching muscle and every disappointment when I step on that scale. I acknowledge my scales with a pinch of salt now and no longer let what they say lead me comfort eat. It's weird because I am measuring my upper, mid and lower thigh and haven't seen anything more than a couple of cms disappear, so I am clearly not measuring in enough places!
    I think I am turning a corner, I want to bottle the feeling and turn more corners :smile:

Edited to add: oh yes, and my friend said she can see that my tummy no longer touches my boobs, I could have drifted up into space like a helium balloon when she said that! She's the first person to notice any change this year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!