Still tryin' to lose the baby weight!!! Anyone else?!?!

Options
It's been 18 months since the birth of my son and I'm still trying to lose the baby weight from my pregnancy with him AND the extra weight I never lost from the pregnancy with my daughter. It's been a frustrating yoyo year. I've just recently committed to a 90 day fitness challenge and am hoping to get back in the swing of things AND STICK TO IT!!! I already see a bunch of obstacles - upcoming vacation, start of a new school year (teacher), etc.

I would love to have some friends on this site to help keep my motivation going! Need not be a momma to apply ;-)

Replies

• masawree
    Options
    I am a mommy to three beautiful children all under the age of 4 . I had two babies in 13 months. It did a number on my body, let alone my self esteem.
    I try so hard to not focus on what my used to look like, but it's hard. I get so tired of people saying " your body changes after you have a baby" .
    I can relate to the extra pounds. It's so hard to find time to squeeze in workouts and work and maintain a household.
    I hope I can encourage you ob tho journey.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    LOL... My son is 5 and I am still trying to lose the baby weight. I am finally down below my final pregnancy weight, but still have about 20lb to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. And I got pregnant when I was already about 25lb overweight. And seeing how it's taken me 7 months to lose that first 10lb... I should be around to help for a while! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've got the last seven pounds of a surprise third pregnancy to drop. I'm not convinced it's going anywhere while I am nursing (my baby is 5 months old now) but I'm happy to be closer to my goal WAY faster than I was with the other two. I squeeze in quick work outs after the baby goes down for the night. Maybe not ideal, but it's what I can do for now!

Good luck to all of us. :)
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...Had not lost all the weight from my now 18 mon old son and started gaining after a very stressful move. I still had some weight on from my 4yr old too. I'm just a few lbs away from pre-prego weight from the 18mon old now. Feel free to add me. I'll be happy to support you any way I can!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Well...I LIKE to call it baby weight. but after 3 years, I don't think that story sticks. But I am actually below pre-pregnancy weight, now I'm trying to work off the pregnancy FAT!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have had two children and my second is just hitting 9 months, it took me four months to lose 17 pounds. But I did little exercise besides daily mom stuff (which is quite a bit of moving in itself) my trick was to cut red meat and fowl. It's much easier to make good choices that way. Just stay under your calorie goal, you can do this!
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me.

I'm working on the baby weight from my 2 boys. Lost it all plus an additional 3 pounds just a week and a half ago (after working on this for 4+ years). However - I then went on vacation and I weigh in tomorrow. Expecting at least 10# gain... but hoping for less. Trying to get my ability to say NO back (I seem to have left it at the vacation house) as well as my motivation to work out. I ran the first 3 days but hurt myself skiiing - so then I got lazy. No I'm back to the grind at work and more tired than when I went on vacation (probably because I'm not working out). Hang in there. Don't focus on the end result you want so much as the aspect of getting through the day or the week (make it more achievable). And reward yourself with something when you reach a goal (say a pedicure after a 10# loss or some shopping when your clothes get loose).
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    ME! My "baby" is now 2.5 and I have to lose the weight from him and his three older siblings LOL. I didn't so much gain pregnancy weight, but materinity leave weight. Now it's time for mommy to get healthy!

Feel free to friend me!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    me! me! me! OOOHHHH ME!!!!!
  • purebrittany
    purebrittany Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose baby weight! I have two daughters. My oldest is 4: I gained 50 with her and only lost 30 (eek!) My youngest is 4 months: I gained 30 wither her and I've lost 35 so far. I want to try to lose the last 15 lbs. I'm up for some new friends ti help me stay on track!
  • deshannonhatala
    Options
    Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. My son is 19 months old, born Dec 2010....we can motivate each other!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to lose the baby weight from my 13 year old daughter.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, but I've done it!! Not only that I also lost the baby weight that I was hanging on to from my baby's big sister!! My one piece of advice is to keep on trying, if you fall off the wagon pick yourself up, dust yourself off and climb back on again.
  • Glassblaster
    Options
    does it count if my baby is 38???
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Honey, my 'baby' is in high school and I'm still trying :embarassed: . Actually, I didn't try for a long time, but I'm finally trying now. 9 more pounds and I'll be down to what I weighed when I showed up at the hospital ready to deliver.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yup... Only a few lbs away from my weight before my first son... 6 years ago. Lol! Want to lose that and then some. :)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I actually got the baby weight off after joining MFP last August, then regained it all after an injury. :( Now I'm close to getting back to ppw, but then I have another 40lbs that I need to lose on top of that! My twin boys are 21 months now, and I'm finding that running after them is definitely a workout. :)
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced it's going anywhere while I am nursing

Right! I was always told you would drop weight easily while nursing. I've been at it 4 months straight and haven't seen it happen yet!

Good luck to everyone!
  • jenbreeze72
    jenbreeze72 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My "babies" are 7 and 9, and I am finally making progress with losing some of the weight. I was in the best shape of my life when I got pregnant with #1, gained 44 pounds, and it's been downhill since then! :) I would love to be part of your motivation club! lol
  • Becky3701
    Options
    My daughter is 14 months- I'm working to get baby weight off & then some. :)