James Krieger on insulin

Options
I haven't posted this in it's own thread in a while.

I'd recommend this article to many people as this points out some of the big misconceptions about insulin.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Will check it out later. Thank you!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is especially lovely to read after I had some people pushing low carbs on me in a thread where I joked about wishing I could learn how to not feel hungry.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol. I had a question. But I tried to reword it, reloaded the page and lost it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    It's a good read. Carbophobes especially should read it :smile:
  • llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is especially lovely to read after I had some people pushing low carbs on me in a thread where I joked about wishing I could learn how to not feel hungry.

Reality:
    I really wish I knew what it felt like to not be hungry. I am always hungry, I eat all day, I even lost 50 pounds doing it! I don't want to say force yourself to eat if you are not hungry, but you've got to do your best to meet your calories goal. And by meet, I mean get as close to it as possible...maybe even go over it a little...

Since I switched to low carb I am rarely hungry. Honestly. It's a bloody liberation.

And bump to read later.
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    LMAO @ carbophobes.
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Interesting read. Thanks for posting.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Bizzump.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    so in conclusion no carbs after 8pm right because carbs spike insulin & insulin will make us store fat & our metabolism stops when we sleep? :tongue:
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    so in conclusion no carbs after 8pm right because carbs spike insulin & insulin will make us store fat & our metabolism stops when we sleep? :tongue:

Yes.

And avoid sugar, and food.
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    I read through it, not impressed. he's not a medical doctor, it's not written well, he doesn't cite his sources at all and I'm pretty sure my endocrinologist would disagree with some things in the article and since he is one of the best in the nation and a medical doctor, I'll follow his advice.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    I read through it, not impressed. he's not a medical doctor, it's not written well, he doesn't cite his sources at all and I'm pretty sure my endocrinologist would disagree with some things in the article and since he is one of the best in the nation and a medical doctor, I'll follow his advice.

He links directly to the studies.

Is there information in the series that you disagree with?
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'll have to read this later.