But I'm not hungry!

Options
I've had breakfast, a snack, lunch, a couple of snacks. I've done exercise today and am going to be doing Zumba tonight at 7:30 and I have all these extra calories to eat, but I AM NOT HUNGRY. I don't want to eat any more. I'm going to have dinner after Zumba, but it won't use up all the calories I am allotted for the day. I am soooooo frustrated.

Replies

• kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Dont be frustrated! You're doing well!
    Great job with the exercise and good you're fitting in snacks.
    How about eating something light for dinner and seeing how you feel later for a snack? A handful of nuts, for example, is energy dense without making you stuffed.
    I think if you're body is crying out for food you should feel the hunger. Listen to your body. Don't be hard on yourself :) x
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've eaten all day and have finished breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm stuffed and have hit 784 calories and am about to go for a walk.

BUT there's always later. I usually have a snack at 9.
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I so get this. Mostly tonight I am too tired to eat. Why should we eat if we r not hungry? Maybe I will eat some veggies I font know. Hope everyone has sweet dreams tonight.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I've had breakfast, a snack, lunch, a couple of snacks. I've done exercise today and am going to be doing Zumba tonight at 7:30 and I have all these extra calories to eat, but I AM NOT HUNGRY. I don't want to eat any more. I'm going to have dinner after Zumba, but it won't use up all the calories I am allotted for the day. I am soooooo frustrated.

don't worry. Don't eat if you aren't hungry. As long as you get the nutrition you need, one day of having a big calorie deficit won't make any big difference. Don't have a net calorie intake of 100 calories every day for a few weeks. But having a net calorie intake of 800 for a day? No big deal.
  • dmisty24
    dmisty24 Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow what a great place to be not using up all your calories for a day. I wouldn't cut back everyday.....because your metabolism will slow down. Its not right for everyone but I find sticking to my calorie limit daily and throwing in a day or two of 100-200 more helps me to lose faster.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A couple of things to help you. First, on days you know you are going to work out, eat more calorie dense foods (nuts, avocado, cooking meats in evoo, or a few spoonfuls of peanut butter). Or you can pick up a high calorie whey protein shake like muscle milk (300 calories per two scoops). You can also preplan your exercise or include it in your tdee. What i mean by that is instead of a sedentary setting you set it at moderately active (if you workout 5 days a week), lightly active if you workout 3 days a week., etc..
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I sleep when I'm tired, drink when I'm thirsty and eat when I'm hungry!
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options
    sounds like your doing great. just continue to listen to your body.
  • wildrosejmj
    wildrosejmj Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I first started calorie counting, I just recorded what I ate and carefully considered if I was eating because I was hungry or if I was just habit eating. I cut out the habit eating and stuck to eating when hungry, just making better choices about what I was eating. After a couple weeks I could see that my average (1300) was WAY below the 1800 the plan set for me. There is no way I could eat another 500 calories every day. On days when I do eat a little more (1500 or so) I don't feel well and know that I overate. For the first time in the almost 3 yrs I've tried, I'm having steady weight loss (1-1.5 lbs/wk). Listen to your body and don't worry.

Deo Juvante, Jen
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    don't eat if you aren't hungry.

i don't know why this is an issue