I need some serious help

Options
Any advice appreciated!

My journey started march 2012. I have been very hard on my body. I was 200 lbs my whole highschool as well as up until march. I was a huge overeater.

Ive lost around 63lbs... Putting me at around 138ish. It happened rather drasticlly.. Only through diet with lots of walking. I guess im what is called skinny fat. Although I dont have much of a muffin top and my mom pooch is gone.

And now for my problem. While I feel like I could lose 10 more and maintain it, I have bones sticking out. My collarbone is jutting out, my ribs can be seen through my shirt, and now I have hip bones poking out.

Im not starving myself and I eat lots of fruits and veggies and protein. But I feel like I look a little anarexic. And I am not, promise.

I plan on starting to lift after these 10lbs are gone and I think that would help a bit. I just dont know about these bones and what all that means. My tummy is pretty flat (but soft). And I want to hopefully lose that 10 in my thighs and legs. I just need some help. Oh and im 5'5 138 26yrs old and in a s/m shirt and wearing kids size 16 jeans (not jrs)

Replies

• redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on if you like the bony look or not. At my age (40) I tend to look like an aged crack *kitten* if my bones are poking out. It seriously added 10 years to my appearance.

I simply decided to pack on a little more meat and now I am happy. I look healthy and fit.
  • sissyhager
    Options
    Can i ask how long did it take you to lose your weight?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no need to wait unti; you've lost the last 10 pounds to start lifting. start now. start eating at maintenance and lift heavy.

look up new rules of lifting for women
  • Milf_zilla
    Options
    I started march to now aug. But my last weigh in was in july
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Can you post stats please?

Weight
    Body fat%
    General occupation
    Workout routine
  • Milf_zilla
    Options
    5'5
    138lbs
    26yearsold
    Dont know my bf%
    Im a stay at home mom
    And my workout routine is generally a 1-3 mile walk per day
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    We had very similar situations. My starting weight was 200 after I had my son and I am now down to 128. Like you, when I got into the upper 130's I started to feel "skinny fat" and bony. My pelvic bones stuck out a lot and I was a little concerned about it because I still wanted to lose more weight around my tummy. Since I've started doing the 30 Day Shred workout dvd 2 months ago, this has completely changed and I can't tell you why because I wouldn't necessarily have thought that my "bony" problem was due to lack of muscle, but honestly I look a lot better and more filled out now than I did 10 lbs ago without muscle. And No I don't do heavy lifting. 30DS is a mix of cardio and strength training with dumbbells.