Stupid last lbs...

Options
Why will they not go!??!?! Ok so I haven't been perfect all the time, that I can accept but why is it as soon as I get down a little I go back up those 2 or 3 lbs and this yo yo keeps going and going. Has been since April. Stuck between the same 3 lbs. ANNOYING. I want to loose 10 more lbs for sure, maybe 20. But my body just seems like it's REFUSING. OMG WHY!?!?! I know our body naturally wants to hold onto 10 or so lbs but this is beyond frustrating. I have been sooooo good all week and I'm still up 3 lbs. I just don't get it :( And I am trying to accept that the scale won't budge and just focus on toning more but it's just so hard. My goal is RIGHT there in front of me, right in reach and I just can't seem to get there :(

Replies

• fanipack
    fanipack Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been stuck at 175-180 for the past 3-4 months but have dropped 2 inches in my waist. All due to strength training. I've lost 60lbs total.

Have you been doing a lot of strength training ? It's possible that you've gained muscle and burned fat at the same time. Thus weighing the same. Take measurements and take it one day at a time. Also , remember it's a life style change. Whatever you've done it obviously has worked. Just keep at it and don't stop.
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I run a lot. I did Shred off and on for awhile. Then recently was doing Insanity. Now I am doing strength training too at Planet Fitness. I'm trying to just focus on being stronger, more fit and toned. I am grateful I haven't gained but it's frustrating those last lbs won't drop!
  • fanipack
    fanipack Posts: 28
    Options
    How is your diet ? As long as your diets in check and you're seeing strength gains increase you should be on the right track.

You've lost 50 + lbs , that is no easy task. Just keep doing whatever you're doing because IT IS working. Try taking measurements and see where that takes you.

Oh and everyone struggles everyday , it's all about never giving up and taking it one day at a time.
  • wenefryde
    wenefryde Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have done such a great job don't give up! Your body must be more tone after all that weight that has gone and celebrate keeping that writ off too. I am sure if you keep training and on the diet those last few pounds will come off ..... Eventually
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. fanipack I decided to do more fruits and vegs today then I have been to see if that helps. I'm cutting down the dairy and nuts more. I could eat an entire bag of the nut mix I buy it's so good. So I'm taking my snacks and doing more whole/raw foods. That's gotta help LOL Hariby, they better go away eventually LOL I keep telling myself it's just one hell of a plateau!