self-confidence

Options
Hey hey! I haven't used myfitnesspal much yet, but the support here is amazing! So over the last year I've been on my journey to getting healthy and feeling good about myself. I lost 30 pounds and am proud of that, but I still have 20 more I want to lose. I'm in college and I moved back home for the summer and have gained a few pounds back, but not sure if it's muscle or fat. ANYWAYS what advice to you have to feeling more confident? I try to be and some days are much better than others, but lately it has been hard because I'm so close, but wanted to lose more weight over the summer and go back to college stronger and more confident than ever! How do I overcome this?!?
Thank you all so so much! Sending my love and thanks :)

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a gross-over-generalization but self confidence seems to be generally lacking on this sight, I was on a feed the other day where people were ranking their own sex appeal 1to10 and it seemed everyone said between 2and5! Sadly, I'm not sure it's something that can be taught, only something you can find within. I try to focus on the good and the progress I've made. I'm also conceded enough to call myself beautiful. Sure, I'm not perfect, but why solely focus on the imperfection? If I walked around thinking, "for the love of all that is holy, I have to lose another 50 pounds to be just a little fat instead of REALLY fat" I would be miserable and discouraged. However, my outlook is more like, "I've lost 20 freaking pounds! For the love of all that is holy - I'm awesome. Now run b**ch RUN!" Don't drag yourself down.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    let me jsust say that you look great. i am in college too recentyl moved back in with my dad to save
    $$...its hard sometimes because of all the junk he keeps in the house but i do low carb so theres certain things i just WONT eat so that makes it easier. i dont know if you have ever tried low carb but i have lost the majority of my weight eating this way.. good luck to you and pleaseeeeee dont be so hard on yourself. remeber it takes time...
  • jengroomes
    Options
    Celebrate what you HAVE accomplished while still keeping your sites set on your ultimate goal. Making sure to acknowledge & congratulate yourself on your successes will only help encourage you to see it through. Confidence is taking a look at yourself in the mirror, reminding yourself that your dress or jean size is doesn't define you... it's the smile on your face, the happiness you exude, the way you carry yourself and most of all, just believing that YOU are beautiful simply because... you are. :happy: :happy:

Have a fantastic rest of your week! Aloha!~ :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Its gonna sound funky..........and you'll probably laugh.......but one of the best things you can do to gain confidence from within is quite simple. I'll explain by saying this. I have horrible back issues from it being broken twice. Obviously I dont stand real straight and my posture totally sucks but its something I have to constantly be aware of and work on.

Ive learned the hard way that One of the best "feelings" of confidence in the world is to stand and walk as tall and straight as possible. Stand like you OWN THE WORLD!! Hold you head high......square your shoulders....plant you feet hips width apart and keep your eyes direct and alert. I swear you'll feel strong and confident.

When you slump or have your head or eyes downcast you take on the tones of the weak, the controlled, the meek, shy et al. You never want to face yourself or society like that.

When you walk into a room walk in with the air of "I AM the Alpha b!tch" It'll rub off

Good luck
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    everytime you put yourself down verbally or mentally. stop yourself and find one thing you like about you.
    it could be the top you are wearing, the way your calves look, the fact you can touch your toes.
    and then mentally in a firm voice tell the little voice of self doubt to shut up and consciously think of that good thing.

try to find and note new things you like - write a list as you discover them no mater how small or strange: - today my pants were a bit loose, or today i could walk run for longer, today my eyes really sparkled

and accept compliments as genuine. smile and say thanks and be pleased make yourself believe them. they haver no reason to lie!
    i try to write compliments down in a diary so they become 'real to me' and then i have them for when i am down on myself. and then celebrate your awesomeness.

because you ARE amazing and you deserve to realize it!

you just have to silence ( again and again) that little voice inside that tells us we are not! and if you keep drowning it our with good thoughts eventually you wont be able to hear it anymore