I THINK IM IN NEED OF MORE PROTEIN!! HELP!

I already drink a high protein shake after my workouts, I eat my Luna bars for snacks at lunch. I just eat a lot of veggies. Should I be eatting more protein then I already do? Is my goal too high or too low? Got any tips? My husband and I just never seem to have time to make meat or the money to spend on it (Illionis is expensive even for the lower 48) PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. My diary is open to everyone as well THANK YOU!!

Replies

• Try beans. They are full of protein and fiber and pretty inexpensive.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    your diary isnt open...?
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    your diary isn't open
  • KRaemondH
    KRaemondH Posts: 120 Member
    Sorry, fixed it. Thought i did before. Oh well now it is :) and yesterday wasn't a normal day for me. i was catchin up on the sleep i needed lol
  • HI, try nuts and mushrooms....
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    HI, try nuts and mushrooms....

???
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you need to eat more full stop!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    <<<<~~~this girl LOVES to cook and doesnt have much time working 2 jobs, Ive got plenty of simple quick ideas, check out my diary if you'd like. Do you have a crockpot??? If not invest in one, it's the best thing for making meals!
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    It does not take long to cook meat. My easy-protein meal is chilli (homemade, and this does take a few hours, but you can make it in huge quantities and freeze portions of it to make it last weeks) and either a pork, beef or turkey chop/steak, fried in spray oil. Heating the chilli up in the microwave takes all of 3 minutes, and frying the steak/chop takes about 10 minutes.

The chilli is about 10-20g protein per serving (and I make 16 servings at once) and the chop/steak is anywhere from 20-40 depending on what I buy. So altogether that's 30-60 just in dinner alone. Add a shake to that and 10-20g protein at lunch, and you're all set, unless you're a huge muscley guy who is trying to bulk up :).
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    You're routinely under eating. I can understand that some people do not want to or do not like to eat back their exercise cals, but you are routinely performing 1000 calorie work outs and not eating any of those cals. Long term you are likely to get ill and/or stall in any loss by continuing this.

Protein looks low to me and also fat. Add eggs, cheeses (especially cottage cheese), and chunks of animal to your diet for protein. Fats and high fat foods are nothing to be scared of, I'd recommend olive oils and Advocado to bump up the fat %.

Best wishes
  • KRaemondH
    KRaemondH Posts: 120 Member
    thank you for the responses!

I love chili and we make it a lot. I guess I just need to make more bean and meat filled meals.

I will say though... I never asked ANYTHING about my calorie goal or intake. I do just fine the way I am. My two doctors say so and I am happy where I am with that. there is no need for concern.
    I just wanted to know any tips on PROTEIN adding.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS :tongue:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    What do you have your %s set at (protein, carbs fat etc?)

I like to sneak extra protein in with snacks - cheese, hardboiled egg, slice of ham etc.