UK people only: Swimwear

Options
Hello to the UK people here.

Anyone able to help me? I am going on holiday in just under a month and I am in dire need of some new beautiful swimwear. I am normally a size 16 (18 in trousers/jeans) but when it comes to swimwear I require a size 18 owing to the fact that I have a long torso, larger rear and a semi-large bust. I also

Does anyone know of any good UK shops that cater for the fuller figure? I hate Evans and New Look by the way. I have looked at ASOS Curve but their Curve range does not seem to contain swimwear which I predicted would be the case. I don't like tankinis either but I am open to them if they are nice.

I would particularly love to buy some bikinis but they would have to have a high waisted pair of knickers for obvious reasons (kangaroo pouch). Kind of 1950s vintage/retro looking if you get me. Anyone know of any good shops for this?

My fashion sense is quite loud and colourful. I would love neon ;) or animal print.

I would be so grateful for any help :)

Thanks so much,
Georgina

Replies

• JPO1980
    JPO1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are some good ones in Asda at the moment - I bought one last year - size 24 and it was very flattering/supportive and not hideous!

X
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I got a really nice one in Debenhams earlier this year - not sure whether they've still got their summer stuff in but worth a look.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    M&S have had some nice stuff in this year x
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo do a good range of swimwear as do Simply Be, both of which are available online.
  • luluzombie
    Options
    I would second asda as they also offer bikini tops in a large range of bra sizes, I bought a lovely polka dot one there. Bravissimo also offer a large range of sizes and are having a sale at the moment.
    Hope this helps x
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What about simplybeach.com? They have leopard print!!
  • Bynnais
    Bynnais Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    M&S have got 20% off their swimwear at the moment. Not sure what the bikinis are like but the one piece swimsuits are very forgiving with a kind of gathered bit of material over your tummy. Perfect for anyone without a washboard stomach. Have a lovely holiday!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Swimwear365 have a really good range and they have a shapewear section with flattering tummy control bits too!

http://www.swimwear365.co.uk/shapewear/_/N-1z141w6

I love the LaScana stuff on there, Sam Faiers from TOWIE models for them x
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo....mentioned above or figleaves.com
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I agree Debenhams, M&S or Next would be my choices.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    have a look in matalan. i don't shop in there often but i needed a swimming costume asap and they have ones in there with tummy control. go a size up though as a 12 was too tight for me! It was £14 i think.

No good buying online. These kinda things require you to try them on!

Oh and mine is bright pink! Has boob support too but i didn't buy it for that as i have nothing! :laugh:
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I got a fab tummy control swimsuit, black polka dot, very retro, from TK Maxx last year - they might be worth a look, they do a good range of sizes and brands.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions so far, all noted!

I have to buy online as I unfortunately do not have the time to go shopping - sucks hey :( I am considering buying two of each (different sizes, obviously haha) and just sending back whichever doesn't fit!! X
  • wallj135
    wallj135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Brastop.com is a good website if you are larger chested.. they have a nice swimwear range and if you order today you get £7 off as well with the code 'GAMES'
  • KellyUK1987
    Options

I have to buy online as I unfortunately do not have the time to go shopping - sucks hey :( I am considering buying two of each (different sizes, obviously haha) and just sending back whichever doesn't fit!! X

Be careful with buying 2, as some places don't allow you to send them back, due to hygiene reasons!

I got my 2 bikini's from Primark as I booked a last minute holiday and had limited time to search for bikini's etc - they don't cater much for women with boobs bigger than a D though, especially in bikini's!

I got a decent one from Asda Living. It was a Katie Price one (you wouldn't know that, as it doesn't say it on the actual bikini) and it fits amazingly.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Be careful with buying 2, as some places don't allow you to send them back, due to hygiene reasons!

I got my 2 bikini's from Primark as I booked a last minute holiday and had limited time to search for bikini's etc - they don't cater much for women with boobs bigger than a D though, especially in bikini's!

I got a decent one from Asda Living. It was a Katie Price one (you wouldn't know that, as it doesn't say it on the actual bikini) and it fits amazingly.

I can imagine Katie is a good bra designer - I love her. :) defo checking that out. Thanks ! X
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo or Leila
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also vote for Bravissimo - their bras/swimwear offer great support, especially for the big boobed!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    ModCloth ships to the UK and I think their swimwear is exactly what you're looking for
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Littlewoods might have something but if I were in that size range I'd give Simply Be a go, they stock sizes 14 upwards and although I haven't seen their swimwear their clothes don't seem to be too mumsy or old! Worth a look! Best of luck!