Drinking Water, Any Tips ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've found a good way, I buy a pack of water. 500ml bottles. I get 4 out of the pack each day and I know thats how many I need to drink.
  • Cathy_Daydreams
    Options
    I figured out a way. I love to drink really cold liquids and making my water ice cold made it easy to drink tons of it. Plus I heard drinking really cold water boots your metabolism

Yeah, I found it easier to drink cold liquids at school but it's a lot harder now because I used to top up with cold ice at the water fountain, which is brill, especially during free lessons when the small children aren't around. But now they turn the water fountain on at break and lunch and that's it and there's always a queue which has cut off that supply for me. The ice suggestions I've been getting on here are really simple but effective though. It is sometime I will have to try :D thank you
  • kimmi2448
    Options
    I have a 2 liter that I fill up with water everyday. I then put one single pouch (normaly for 16 oz bottles) of Crystal Light flavor in my bottle. Shake and chill over night and it adds taste to your water with only 5 cals for the day. It keeps me full in between my meals and gives me what I need for the day. Hope this helps!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I've found a good way, I buy a pack of water. 500ml bottles. I get 4 out of the pack each day and I know thats how many I need to drink.

Bit expensive and all that plastic is bad for the environment.

I have a special hiking water bottle, that I can put in the dishwasher every day. I just fill it up with tap water.
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was never a water drinker either. But what works for me is I mix hawiian fruit punch singles (10 cals a pack) (any flavor) & water then freeze them. I have a ice shaver (cheap @ walmart) that I use to make a snow cone. It's just like you are drinking water with ice, but it doubles as a treat. Hope that helps
  • quilterann1939
    Options
    Hi,

I do the same thing with crystal light. I am now able to drink about 6 glasses a day, thats it. I guess thats better than none. Good luck. Ann
  • MrsLeyva11
    Options
    I make myself chug at least 8 oz on the hour, every hour. It works for me, because I'm a stay at home mom and have nothing better to do with my time. But I could see where it wouldn't be practical for people who work or attend University.
  • Nikki_Nx
    Nikki_Nx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    headaches and being thirsty are signs that your body is telling you that you're dehydrated. Don't forget in hot weather we lose weight through sweat/perspiration and your body needs to replace that loss to help your circulation, espesh your heart....xx
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I either use the Crystal light or Mio when I'm having a rough time getting mine in. I'm super excited that Mio came out with more flavors, I just wish they were cheaper. :(
  • enb5056
    enb5056 Posts: 31
    Options
    I never knew how important drinking water was until I passed out one day from dehydration, its serious stuff. I bought this really cute cup with a straw lid attached (i believe they are very popular now) and always keep if full, I've never drank so much in one day! The straw makes it super easy to drink out of and makes the water just disappear! Sometimes having cute things motivate me to use it haha
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I struggle sometimes with water but LOVE seltzer water. I could easily drink 80 ounces a day of seltzer. Give it a try
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Until I switched from a plastic bottle to stainless steel I couldn't drink it at all. I fill up my water bottle about 3/4 full every night and stick it in the freezer (lid off) . Since it's not cheap crappy plastic it does not crack or split. In the morning I top it off with fresh water and then I have ice cold water for my walk to work and a couple of hours after. It stays with me at all times. I do not keep it in a bag, I carry it with me everywhere thus I have a constant reminder that I should drink it. I sip it throughout the day and refill as required.

If you have constant headaches and also bags under your eyes or dark circles you're likely dehydrated. Also if your pee is anything but very light yellow or clear you are also likely dehydrated. The darker yellow, the bigger the problem. Drinking water is not needed for losing weight but it is definitely needed for proper digestion.
    The Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration

Symptoms of dehydration usually begin with thirst and progress to more alarming manifestations as the need for water becomes more dire. The initial signs and symptoms of mild dehydration in adults appear when the body has lost about 2% of it's total fluid. These mild dehydration symptoms are often (but not limited to):

Thirst
    Loss of Appetite
    Dry Skin
    Skin Flushing
    Dark Colored Urine
    Dry Mouth
    fatigue or Weakness
    Chills
    Head Rushes
    If the dehydration is allowed to continue unabated, when the total fluid loss reaches 5% the following effects of dehydration are normally experienced:

Increased heart rate
    Increased respiration
    Decreased sweating
    Decreased urination
    Increased body temperature
    Extreme fatigue
    Muscle cramps
    Headaches
    Nausea
    Tingling of the limbs
  • Cathy_Daydreams
    Options
    headaches and being thirsty are signs that your body is telling you that you're dehydrated. Don't forget in hot weather we lose weight through sweat/perspiration and your body needs to replace that loss to help your circulation, espesh your heart....xx

Thank you and I am going to talk to my doctor about it when I next see him because although I try and drink, the fact that I'm not actually feeling as though I need a drink confuses me :/.